Winds of Magic worth it?

Might be redundant, but I’m just gonna quote myself here (the original thread is locked so I can’t direct quote) :

So, over the course of 9 months, from March 2018 to December 2018 we had 5 new maps and a big update in game mechanics.
We can say that from December 2018 up until now we haven’t had any major content updates because I really can’t say that the anniversary event was a major update. That brings us to the logical assumption that Fat Shark has been working on Winds of Magic throughout that time.
So, what are we getting in WoM? We are getting beastmen, now this is a major thing because a lot of us have been asking for a new race. But then, we are getting weaves, platform which should, in theory, extend the life of this game. But the problem is, although a lot of us have positive reviews about the concept of weaves, if you go through the comments and surveys, that’s not the content that the majority expected or wished for, at least not now.
So there was no new content for 8 months, and then finally when the big expansion is coming, we are getting something that we haven’t had asked for (bestmen excluded). I think that’s a great risk. Was it worth spending 8 months developing Weaves? I’m skeptic about that. We are yet to see how big of a thing will weaves be.
Would’ve been better if they had worked on beastmen and 3 new maps instead on weaves? I certainly think it would have.

1 Like