Winds of Magic - Season 4

Heroes,

Welcome to Season 4 for Winds of Magic on PC. Together with Winds of Magic Season 4 we are also bringing some fixes to Vermintide 2 on PC. Full patch notes can be found below.

Winds of Magic - Season 4 on PC

The new Season for Winds of Magic is now live. The leaderboards have been reset, and new portrait frames can be unlocked by clearing Weave 40, 80, 120 and 160. Good luck!

If you finish a quick play Weave you will also be rewarded with a new portrait frame. The Weaves have of course been reshuffled in a new order.

• Fixed various unspecified crashes.
  • Fixed a sound issue on jumping/landing with the Masterwork Pistol and Kerillian’s Spear & Shield.
  • Fixed engineer Bombardment challenge being rewarded randomly to players.
  • Fixed all players in the lobby gaining progress towards “Where’s the Kaboom?” Engineer challenge when the Engineer killed enemies with bombs.
  • Fixed players not reciving essence from quickplay.
  • Fixed a rare crash that can happen when grabbed by a Packmaster.
  • Fixed a Weaves exploit where players could force a despawn of enemies.
  • Moved the mission timer to the TAB screen.
  • Fixed a crash related to upgrading the Coghammer.
  • Fixed a crash related to using the Coghammer in the Athanor.
8 Likes

160 frame :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Hedge ! Any news about network high ping fix?

Considering this, I suspect there will be six more seasons of weaves with green, gray, orange, purple, blue and gold portait frames. Nice.

No news yet, we’re poring over the logs and region details we’ve received.

2 Likes

and you can add back a white season for the white frame that’s missing at 160 :stuck_out_tongue: (purple can be added to general)

So it’s just a recolor again? And you need to go even further up to 160… man I would say nothing if FS would only put 10% of the effort into creating reward frames as players do for completing these weaves

1 Like

Not really as there’s a new frame that’s not a recolor (the 160 one is new). But we do know an overhaul of the whole weave mode is in the works (with weaves skins as a reward) so no need to get a lot of content until then.

Ohh seems like I missed another announcement then. Where did they say that? It sems pretty common nowadays that information is not even posted in the official forums, that’s why I’m asking.

1 Like

Well that’s not an official announcement, but they said they were working on an overhaul and will provide weaves skins at the same time (last season as an answer to my inquiry)

1 Like

This is not quite correct I think? The QP Weave challenge is 40 weaves.

1 Like

I see you finally decided to go away from the block-like structure of subsequent weaves being five time the same type. That is a good decision and will break the mold at least slightly.

EDIT: Could we get for the first 40 Ranked Weaves some kind of checkmark to show which we’ve beaten already. In case that there are some days inbetween and you do them not chronologically many players will forget which they have done already.

1 Like

160 frame? Seriously? Before boring Engineer challenges, now this ._.

Meh… but, these 4 people who continue to play this mode may be satisfied… or not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Seeing the leaderboards, we’re a bit more than 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m glad that you all fixed the despawning enemies, but did you make any other changes to make it so that people didn’t feel like they had to despawn enemies? If it’s just the same exact weaves again, sheesh. And I don’t mean that the winds have been shifted around.

1 Like

With this approach I expect I’ll be interested in playing weaves in 2030.

2 Likes

I really hope they did. The datamined weave spreadsheet isn’t updated yet for S4 so no one can tell right now if damage scaling, etc. has been changed or not. Having played to Weave 60 at the moment, I would say, however, that they didn’t change much regarding density and composition of spawn waves.

So let’s hope that they adjusted things somehow for 100+ weaves. Because those despawning shenanigans were just a symptom of overtuned damage scaling. I still suffer from S1 PTSD. At least none of the cheese spots have been fixed as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Damage scaling remained same. I’m worried how much 155 will be hard. 115 is still crazy difficulty because there are like 100 banners + 200 archers

Hey there, its been one and a half year you teased Versus mode, i’m personnally still waiting for it, are you guys still working on it ? Or you just aboarded mission ?
thx for reply :slight_smile: