Why two sorcerers in a row as new lord enemies?

As some of you may have noted we’ve got two lord kind of enemies beyond the four in vanilla; Nurgloth and now Sofia. So I’m wondering if anyone, including FS if they would so desire to shed some light on this, knows why two sorcerer enemies in a row instead of like one sorcerer and one warrior lord enemy, for example?

Well that’s easy. By Sigmar, sorcerers are the most heretical of all and easily fall to corruption. One should not trust a witch and always keep an eye for any sign of ill will.

I hope things are now much clearer citizen.
If you come upon any sorcerous blasphemy, please contact me immediately and I’ll… investigate the matter futher.

6 Likes

Apart from the serious concerns of Sorcerous corruption, I think it’s easier to build mechanics for sorcerors than Warrior types. You end up with warriors either being a massive damage sponge(Troll), or swamping the place with chaff enemies to boulster the fight, OR being quite annoying (Minotaur, Spawn) or being too easy (Stormfiend).

Look at the dedicated melee Lord Bosses we have too. Bodvar is easy to kill with the adds being the threat, and Skarrik is a one-shot wendyhouse that lasts less time than a pack of plague monks.

3 Likes

Well for 1, it’s not a Sorcerer (Sorcerer use Daemonic power, lores given by Daemons) but a Necromancer (Use Dhar, with lore invented by the ancients, and developed by people across the ages, like Drachenfels, Nagash, Van Halten…)

And there is much more leeway on what you can do with caster Lords than with a Warrior lord.

I totally agree that the two warrior melee bosses in the game so far are to easy. But I would say that’s not a reason to introduce more difficult warrior lord fights in the game. Remember that one of the options, from my perspective at least, is that there’s alot of stuff that can be added to make warrior bosses more than they currently are.

I am looking at magical items, not just weapons, along with Skaven technology for Skaven warrior lords and gifts and mutations for Rotblood and Beastmen warrior lords.

Digging through official Warhammer material like the supplements (like the army books and more) for the miniature game or RPG supplements offers an almost endless ammount of options to create warrior lords that can put up a solid fight to the Ü5.

I was probably a bit to loose with my wording. I should have used the term “magic user” or “caster” for what I meant with the term “sorcerer”.

Why have we gotten nothing Skaven-themed? They’re really the more interesting enemies to be fighting anyway, and you could have something like a Plague Priest or Warplock Sorcerer, both of whom could easily combine melee with magic (give the first a Plague Censer and the second their big techno-warpstone spear).

2 Likes

Probably mostly due chance as well as it working out for the mini story that runs with the game.

They wanted a ritualist working around Drachenfels and conjuring up a brother for burbon haleque (or whatever his name really is) wasnt too far fetched. Then they even made him a terribly obnoxious melee hybrid who wipes 9 outa 10 parties who attack him during his third phase.

Second one, whom we do not even directly fight, is Sofia, the evil twin who was hinted at for quite a long time in Lohners journal. And she is deadlocked into being a mage.

So far as it is, i cant say i mind too much but it would be nice to have a melee oriented lord next at least.

1 Like

A plague priest or some other sort of larger plague monk could make for a fun boss fight. I’d also like to see a leader among the beastmen we fight as a boss.

2 Likes

I think that the reasons that the current two warrior Lords are so easy are due to many factors. Among them stuff I mention below.

They spend to much time telegraphing their attacks or doing nothing leading to the Ü5 being able to give an ungodly ammount of hurt to them before they even try to attack. And when they attack those attacks are pretty slow.

I know this isn’t Dark Souls but maybe the Lord enemies, at least the warrior ones, could, at least on Legend and Cata, make shorter telegraphic messaging, stand around less while doing nothing and their attacks could be faster and less downtime between them?

Given how both warrior Lords have the looks of being heavily armoured, they should perhaps also have a damage reduction in relation to that? In particular since they cannot do the teleporting that the wizard Lords can do.

I think the 2 (Gatekeeper doesn’t matter to me) would need a particular rework:

• Rework their arena, make it much bigger, and having manners to take cover

• Give them shields like the Scab Captains

Eg:

Chaos Warrior dude: Give him a rechargeable shield, name it Cloud of Flies, double the size of his arena, and put some corpse piles as obstacles. In addition, drop a special/modified Chaos Warrior as his body guard that spawn every few moments.

Skaven Chieftain: Give him a smaller rechargeable shield, double the size of his arena, and put more obstacles. In addition, give him a 3rd weapon kit, being Braces of Warplock Pistols.

1 Like

Rather than just shields/just pure bulk i´d rather they have something like…skarrik having a warpstone enhanced halbeard that lets him sometimes fire of lines or waves of warpstone blasts with a short delay in between swings or even as followup to some attacks. Would need a bit of careful hitbox tuning though.

But the idea is that more fireworks&moves would add some actual spice to the fight…though i give that they might also need some actual bulk in addition. As for old brodvar specifically, he could use more combo attacks that you need to dodge (or parry?) to show off that he´s got some skills beyond just being a big fellow in armor.

Let these poor gents show that they got some power beyond being minionmancers with big slow swings and the occasional charges.

1 Like

Sorry to Necro

But for warriors, why not implement some mounted bosses?

Like that Skaven riding the brood horror in Remnant From Ashes? Kill the Skaven rider and the brood horror becomes enraged and buffed. Kill the brood horror and the Skaven becomes enraged. Rasknitt was sorta like that already.

Now imagine a warlock on a doomwheel. Or a chaos Lord on a juggernaut.

1 Like

That could be very cool. I recall us discussing fighting a Chaos Lord/Champion who was riding a chariot in the first part of the fight but your suggestions could certainly also make a good fight.

The one thing I would comment on however is that a Juggernaught is, if I recall, something which Khorne grants to his Champions. Seeing how the Rotbloods are followers of Nurgle we would need to settle for a Nurglitch equivalent.

1 Like

A Beastlord on a Chariot was EXACTLY what I was expecting and hoping to see when FatShark revealed Beastmen DLC.

Instead what we got was a single mission…and a very incomplete roster. Coulda added Tuskgors…

If we get a mounted Lord I would expect a Poxmaggot rider.

Gor Beastmen they should have added a Bray Shaman Lord (And specials)

I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a typo, but happy little accidents

1 Like