Two Beasts of Nurgle in one Place, same time and spawn. T4, no Modifier

Just had 2 Beasts of Nurgle spawning in one place at the same Time in a T4 with no Modifiers on
Metalfab. Never had that before. Is this intended?

Im jealous

4 Likes

Why? I could understand being jealous of two plague Ogryns, but why in hell would you wanna deal with two giant slugs, that you cannot get close two or they’ll grab you.

1 Like

yeah… that would be a lot of fun I guess.

wrong…
You can. You just have to never been hit by its vomit.
Melee works great on this monstrosity.
Even if I am like everybody else, I prefer shooting in the back at its weakness point.
As a zealot, I often hit this point with my axe.

Well then let me specify: A boss you cannot get close to from the front, as they have a grab animation that cannot be dodged.

They totally can wheel around and grab you on the side without any warning and they take like no damage on their tails. I basically just shoot them. Nothing wrong with a monstrosity you need to shoot in my view.

Agree to disagree. I like there being a threat present once I get close/ f’uck up, but there should be a method for staying there that requires skill. Kinda like kiting a Chaos Spawn in VT2 - sure he could grab you, you cannot lock him in place and he has decent amount of health (higher probability for f’ucking up and getting grabbed), but it is possible to get hits in as all his attacks are either block- or dodgable, which makes the interaction more dynamic.

well, it did not end well for us. we had no space to backup because we just dropped and they spawned with a lot of shooters etc. one grabbed me and carried me away to the next map segment where a lot of more shooters etc. were waiting for me as i got spit out with low life and a melee weapon that i used the first time and ofc i f**ked it up :slight_smile: somehow my teammates got overwhelmed too. maybe we were so surprised and forgot to fight…LOL

2 Likes

We had this yesterday, one of those moments where the AI director just says “know what? You’re not gonna win this mission.”
Beast of nurgle spawned, and then came non -stop special & elite spawns, really, it did not stop until the round was over, everything the game has, was in that room in scores.
After a few minutes of chaos only one of us was still alive.
When they somehow managed to stay alive by kiting the horde in circles long enough for the rest to be rescuable and was weaving their way over to us, suddenly a plague ogryn spawned along with the beast and cut him off.
Game over.
This was a perfectly normal heresy mission, no modifiers, was the most brutal moment I’ve ever witnessed in darktide.

2 Likes

They only grab people thats been spit on as far as i know, so as long as you dont get hit by the vomit at least you dont have to deal with getting grabbed, so thats something at least.

1 Like

Okay I’ll test that out later in the meatgrinder.

For each map there are predetermined locations where a plague ogryn or beast can spawn. It’s not required that one monstrosity be cleared before another can activate, AFAIK they simply activate when you’re within a certain distance of them. So if you keep moving forward on the map, you can activate more than one at the same time.

I took a screenshot when it happened to me because I didn’t know that the game could actually squeeze more than one monstrosity life bar onto the screen at the same time. Turns out that’s not a problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

they spawned at the same time in the same spot and the team was pretty grouped up. i mean, next time i´m prepared and Alt F4 before it´s too late :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, that sounds more like a bug to me.

Or two bugs, I guess.

1 Like

Yeah was the same for us, trapped in the room where the beast spawned until eventually the ogryn joined in and finished the job.

You are indeed correct that they only grab people who have been spit on - specifically have the ensuing debuff active.
So in theory you’d just try to kite around the thing, which in most cases is not possible due to spatial limitations and the goo trails staying longer than it takes to kite around the beast. Even disregarding all that - the fact that its weakspot is on its backside makes it undesirable for the team, if the player who has aggro were to try and employ such a strat, as it has them getting gooed on or losing line of sight of its weakspot.

I guess yes you are correct, but I don’t think it matters all that much. It is still a very uninteractive boss to fight.

1 Like

I disagree. Beasts of Nurgle are very fun and interactive for me. I enjoy the fight every time. I envy you.

Let it slowly come to you. Wait for its mouth to open. Then attack the weak spot from the sides while its puking. Use your strongest attack and back-off. Revved eviscerator, charged thunder hammer, boltgun, anything with high damage will do wonders.

They breed quickly down there in the dark
изображение

1 Like

Idk what to tell you. I specifically talk about what you suggest in my response and why it ends up being more of a detriment than helpful… You have added nothing to the argument.