Why is DLC for V2 more expensive on PlayStation even though Xbox takes the same cut?

The DLC characters are over $1 cheaper on Xbox vs PlayStation. A $1.30~ isn’t very much, but it doesn’t make any sense? Xbox takes the same 30% cut PlayStation does. It’s bad enough PlayStation gets the games and DLC later then most (My favorite being the 1 year anniversary update being on the second year) but why make us pay more too? Can’t even get a HINT of a Darktide date, or even confirmation if it even CAN happen! I’m having a hard time justifying giving this company money, ever.

1 Like

I suspect it’s because Xbox and Playstation set their own sales figures (ergo, we generally don’t get to choose when a sale happens and at what %, it’s up to the platform to invite us to a sale, we can just tell them we have something special going on and want to participate), rather than us setting the sales % ourselves.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, but they are not on sale on Xbox, they are always cheaper. Ive compared several times.

Clearly, Sony must compensate for the lack of games the PS has by gouging the prices. :^)

Jokes aside, I don’t think FS has a say in what the pricing is beyond setting a baseline for how much they want to charge for DLC. Stuff after that is entirely in the distributor’s hands.

I suppose I don’t know if Fatshark uses a distributor, but they are self published, so they would have a say in what happens with pricing.

With “distributor” @CobaltNinja probably meant Microsoft and Sony.

1 Like

Oh! Sorry about that, I misunderstood! I’ll look into this!

Edit: This doesn’t seem to be intentional, we’re looking further into what happened here, will keep you posted!

4 Likes

Thanks boss

Did you ever figure out what was up? It doesn’t affect me, but now I’m curious.

2 Likes

No, they have not gotten back to me

Hey yup; the price was inputted in Euros and the platform interpreted that as USD. They should be the same price across the board ($9.99 if I’m remembering right). We’ll be switching it over soon.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies.