Why give the throwing axes to Ranger Veteran aswell?

I hope this demonstrates enough how redundant the whole “but is it lore friendly” question usually is in video games. Atleast to this degree.

I brought up concerns about game balance. People come at me with “but its lore, so its fine boi”
It wasnt until the 5th reply(excluded my own replies) where we actually talked about the game and the concerns I brought up.

Well I see no reason for rangers to not have the throwing axes and with Games Workshop being kinda stickler to the lore I thought the lore argument was as good as any.

Except, it doesn’t really. Considering you are the one who’s taking it to the same degree you’re advocating against.

Enough about the lore, it is what it is.

I find your concerns about game balance misplaced. Slayer has, up until this point, been balanced around the fact that he was THE only career to not be able to use ranged weapons.

The inclusion of Throwing Axes obviously put a stop to that, and I haven’t checked to see if the talent changes have made Slayer any weaker, but assuming he is still relatively around the same strength he was before, the mere fact that he can now use a ranged weapon, however weak it may be, is a huge bonus.

So even if Throwing Axes end up being trash on him, people will probably still pick it, either just because having a ranged option on it’s own is enough, or just because they find the weapon, well, fun.

Also, Ranger Veteran got nerfed in the patch either way (Or at least that’s what people are saying. Presumably to make up for the addition of the Throwing Axes?), and that career doesn’t synergize with them nearly as well as other ranged weapons anyway, so I don’t think it’s as bad as it may seem.

3 Likes

I approve of this new lore.

I mean it grants Slayer a ranged option which is huge.

You’re also ignoring Slayer’s advantages over RV, namely his insane melee AS, Leap, access to dual axes in melee and so on.

RV also doesn’t have that much unique talent synergy with Throwing Axes apart from the Disengage CD one and his innate perks of extra carried ammo (likely the most major one).

If anything the extra carried ammo is the most major edge he has over Slayer with Throwing Axes, but again, Slayer is an absolute beast in melee compared to RV and he has Leap.

Thanks for your on-topic input. As I said previously:

1 Like

I mean . . . there’s this.

Literally a Slayer-operated axe-throwing machine called a Goblin Hewer. That’s gotta mean something, right? Like, that they’re at least not opposed to the idea of being involved in the process of hurling axes.

4 Likes

Only Dawi ingenuity can manage to create something as hilarious as it is badass.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.