Why does the Ironbreaker ult only knock bosses back with the taunt talent?

Overheads have cleave and would hit multiple targets even if they are targeting you.

Honestly, they could make the taunt work on bosses without the talent and it would in now way be OP. The way the taunt works now, it just moves you to the top of the aggro list, there’s no way to force them to keep attacking you for the duration. Since IB usually has low boss dps, it’s basically worthless because the boss will immediately go back to targeting whoever is hurting it the most.

If the taunt was default, and the talent upgraded it to force attacking for the duration, then it might be a worthwhile talent.

So maybe remove taunt on boss talent and replace with -30% cooldown. Then make the ult taunt bosses by default, but without the knockback. That way you reliably get the full 10 seconds of the boss beating on you and your stacked damage reductions while the rest of the party gets free hits.

5 Likes

And, like I said above, I find it unlikely that someone on your team would just drop everything they’re doing, run directly up to you in the middle of a horde, at the exact same time you taunt, at the exact same time a Stormvermin/Chaos Warrior/Whatever is doing an overhead.

I don’t even know why we’re arguing about this. I never said that the 180-thing should be implemented. All I was suggesting was just updating the ability description to be more consistent with the actual effects of the ability. Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

I think it was the theorizing you attached to your statements that might’ve moved people along the rails and not necessarily the description bit. Needless to say I also wish it were a more accurate description; that’s something I want for all abilities. Have the same level of detail on all ability descriptions so things feel uniform!

But you know its not only way to use this? Your team is pinned or something you aggro boss and get him away from them to give them a breather, its one of example of use

As @Perteks said, sometimes you just need some breathing space, maybe 5 seconds of peace to dodge away from the shi*tstorm, heal up/drink a potion and get back in. IB offers those precious seconds by taunting, and sometimes it makes a big difference at the end. Given that we’re not talking about WoW for instance, where tanks need to hold the aggro throughout the whole fight, Bardin’s taunt is more than OK for the purposes of Vermintide. Now, if the game shifts its focus from pure DPS towards more tanking one day, then the whole aggro and taunt system needs to be changed. But that’s a very very big IF.

1 Like

Whats is the difference between armoured and heavely armoured?

1 Like

Storm-Vermin are wearing standard armor. If you attack an armored target with a melee weapon and use a heavy-attack, you will always pierce armor. Primarily this armor stops only light attacks

In addition to that, a head-shot on a Storm-Vermin will always pierce their armor regardless of weapon-type.

Certain enemies have Heavy-Armor (A.K.A.: Hyper-Armor, Super-Armor, really-really-ridiculously-well-armored, etc.) which will reject an additional array of attacks. The longbow, when fully drawn, will not pierce armor on a target with Heavy-Armor (examples are the Chaos Warriors and Bödvarr Ribspreader) unless the attack hits the target in the head.

To pierce heavy-armor, you must critically hit, hit them in the head, or power-attack with a melee weapon. Certain guns (the hand-guns, as wielded by Kruber and Bardin, if I’m not wrong) can still pierce the heavy-armor.

If you fail to pierce armor, a Skaven “Armor-Icon” will appear in the lower-middle portion of your screen.

In addition to all of this: all attacks that pass through armor will do reduced damage. All attacks that pass through heavy-armor will deal even less than it would to normal armor.
EDIT: This is why the Chaos Mauler (nearly-naked guys with the big axe) are easier to kill in the torso. Their head is considered heavily-armored, so it’s generally slower to bash their skull in than it is to remove their kidneys.

1 Like

Critical hits dont need to be headshots to pierce through armor even super armor

Thanks for the answer Torantolis. I didnt know that. I believed that there wasnt a ny different kinds of armors. The marauder advice has been an extra. I didnt know that hit the head is actually less effective than the body.
So we should hit the body instead of head…HERESY!!!

1 Like

I’m glad I could help! Always happy to enlighten a fellow ratstabber :smiley:

It’s important to include what @Perteks mentioned with all of this: a critical hit will always pierce armor regardless of location-of-hit or type of attack on both armor types.

Don’t worry… we all commit heresy together! :slight_smile: I’ll see you during the End-Times, fellow heretic!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.