Why are the FS devs so reluctant to accept community made fixes?

I’ve had the same thought. There were quite a few QoL mods they adopted from the community and added to Vermintide way back when, can’t see why they wouldn’t do the same with this game.

Dont forget

Solo Play
True Solo Qol
Teritum5 (or 6) the idea is here
BetterBots

All what I ask them is debugging all these mods… because this is the most enjoyable on Nexus… but Solo play tend to crash in middle of a mission (and why I keep insisting about solo)

chatblock itself was intergrated into vermintide’s basegame after it was a sanctioned mod. why they haven’t placed it into darktide? well, we also ask that about the dozen of other basic features and qol like menu keybinds and mission select so we’ll forever know

to my understanding the spawn system can run locally and a lot of inconsistencies and issues became apparent via that in the past

It can, but mods can’t change anything related to those, as well as a number of other systems (e.g., weapon templates, ability, etc), in “real” missions that other players can join, for technical and anticheat reasons.

Lack of Hub Hotkeys and the lack of access to other hub functions outside of the cash shop and penances through the escape menu

If they don’t implement shortcuts they could at least optimise the Mourningstar so loading in doesn’t take ages if you don’t have a beefy machine…

I usually just bypass the hub completely with Psychward. The hub looks great but it’s a pain to keep running around and it’s still slow to load into.

If a host player artificially limited their CPU clock speed, you’d get less enemies in verm

wait until you find out about “for the drip”

I’m sorry for any offence, but I’ve seen how you’ve set your game up to look, and I hope in the strongest possible terms that you’re the last person Fatshark takes advice from on anything UI or graphics related.

I mentioned changing outlines colors and you come up with that wth

I don’t deserve that :sob:

No, you do, @alsozara is 100% correct; I’ve see it too(briefly). This on top of the other more troubling “UI” elements.

I’d like to add “balance related” to that list.

I’d love all those haha would be amazing

Sorry that was a bit harsh I admit. I do think it’s relevant though to a thread about integrating mods and such into the base game, and even your suggestion. I just don’t agree more player customisation automatically equals more good. Keeping a strong visual theme and coherent sense of aesthetic matters more than it is often given credit for. Similarly more visual clarity is not unambiguously good depending on the costs it comes with. This is not just a game, it is a created world we occupy and I’d rather leave control of that to the game designers than the player base, and hopefully keep it coherent and at least somewhat grounded.

@gpkgpk while I appreciate the support, let’s be careful not to turn another thread into a flame war. Vror has posted plenty of sensible suggestions and there’s no need to turn a singular disagreement into attempted character assassination.

Nah not about character assassination or supporting you, I just think people who mod the game and make it somewhat unrecognizable in whatever aspect they decide to chime in on need to either take a step back and do some self-reflection or put a giant disclaimer.

Specifically this came to mind:

Seeing a lot of post lately that would benefit from disclaimers.

i would actually say its the opposite, a casual player might not know the exact details while someone with 5k hours already knows everything. i find it exceptionally usefull with talents and classes i dont play very often so i know what something actually does. plus it includes bugs and things that might not be obvious

You’re the only person I have blocked on these forums and decided to check one of your replies…and wow I am living rent free in your little troll mind. You throw insults at someone who isn’t able to respond or defend themselves. So big and brave. And “mentally challenged”? Because I can’t give you the validation you crave over your gameplay crutches?

You are actually pathetic.

Holy false equivalency batman, get outta here with that nonsense.

Uh, whisky tango foxtrot?

Or don’t run to the defence of someone who calls another forum member “mentally challenged”, totally unprovoked and in a hidden reply to another person? How is that not the ultimate example of shtflinging?

You can find any number of opposing viewpoints on internet forums but civil discussion should be upheld in all cases. A relentless and personal trolling campaign against an individual, as he has done to me (hence why he is the only blocked forum member) is very far from civil.