Why are bots even allowed to heal. can you guys fix bots from healing

they are incredibly useless on tier 5. they eat damage on purpose and chain use heals. i jus crashed out of a game, my bot used a heal, i rejoined with the health i had before crash and the heal was used up. i see them constantly taking heals from players w/o actually providing any help in any way

solution: dont allow bots to use heals or let it be a free use from them w/o taking away from players. or w/e solution u guys can come up w/ as long as they dont waste heals. lets be honest, they are coded VERY badly. the only take damage and rush heals

5 Likes

Alternative solution: make bots not so fkin useless by upgrading their grey level 1 gear so they’re not in a god damn hi 5 just to troll. Also, why are they all only veterans? Why do they have no feats at all? Why is their ai so laughably bad? I don’t think there is a good excuse. If they can’t even handle that then you’d think the least that could’ve been done by now is stopping them from guzzling all of the heal charges back to back, but apparently even that is still far too “immeasurably complex” to pitch in.

this should be on the list of things to do asap… no control on bots not even pick up slots for grens / tomes etc via Tag wheel …

And they take ammo as well.

It wouldn’t be so bad if bots were actually levelled up, it’d be cool if bots were a random off-character from one of the players present.

1 Like

Why not just implement V2’s bots? They were like superior to quick play randoms like 50% of the time.

1 Like

cause that would require coding the game to use spare characters along with their talents, gear and cosmetics for bots rather than generic veterans, and to then code their AIs to properly make use of the large number of different weapons, skills, blitz’s against all the enemies the game throws at them and then also let us have some control over them mid-mission(like asking them to carry things and use ammo/med crates)

So like Vermintide 2…

yeah, but they cant just port the code over since, ya know, different maps, different mobility, different enemies, different weapons, you get the idea

so its easier to just sweep the bot issue and demands for better bots/solo mode under the carpet

This bothers me too, I don’t mind them being a meatshield, I wish they were VT2 quality, but right now they’re just downright detrimental to the match outcome as they are so useless they aren’t worth healing.

1 Like

Fun fact: the other classes do have bots, they’re used in the intro escape from jail mission.

Except they very easily can, Dark Tide isn’t as different from V2 as you think as there’s a token of transparently recycled assets and coding from the base game. This isn’t like V1 to V2 where everything changed under the hood. The same bugs that plagued V2’s launch also plagued Dark Tide.

That’s dumb. So instead of making a mode work that appeals to the majority of playerbase, just sweep it under the carpet? Especially when the framework to make it work already exists?

in case it wasnt clear, im not defending it, i desperately want a proper solo mode with proper bots, most of my VT2 playtime was with bots

im just explaining why we dont have it for DT yet: cause its easier to not do it, DT is basically an early-access game really :confused:

no they cant? movement by itself is vastly different, combat is vastly different considering the much higher emphasis on ranged combat compared to VT, outside of a couple elites and basic mobs enemies are also different, then we have the many weapons, skills, blitzes and the devs would have to code bots to properly deal with ALL of that… and with just their basic gun and swords the bots cant do nothing already, they crumple when faced with basic groups of poxwalkers/groaners if left alone

they cant just copy paste, so agian, its easier to keep delaying it indefinitely, tho i can only hope they are working on it