When no mans sky has 10X your current players

What exactly surprises you? No mans sky keep getting updates, Vermintide 2 not, obviously NMS have more players.

No Man’s Sky got a gigantic, much ballyhooed update that garnered a bunch of coverage from mainstream games media outlets. And by all accounts, it’s a good update.

It isn’t really a “lol a two year old game has more active players than this one” situation.

I’ve taken it more along the lines of “NMS had an awful launch, buggy, not delivering what was offered and generally being a big bag of cold sick and it’s taken two years for something to actually resemble what was offered.”

Sure a big update will inject some life into a game, but having a reputation as a bunch of liars who can’t get their game working properly/as advertised has significantly damaged Hello games’ reputation for many years to come.

It is completely possible that VT2 is going to have to do something similar to rescue their player-base. The real, significant problem is that the various reasons for the bugs/delays have all worn thin now. Those of us who are charitable and understanding are so completely jaded by anything that is said by FS that it’s going to take a complete change of methodology by FS to change our minds.

If I am completely charitable and forgiving, I might hope that the lack of patches, media blackout and “holiday” has been enforced to ensure the team can regroup and return very soon™, galvanised to really change their fortunes and post regular updates to the official forum, patch once a fortnight(ish) and simply fix the extensive list of bugs that are still plaguing the game.

You can wipe the tears of laughter from the corner of your eye now.

2 Likes