What's Your One Favourite Thing About V2? - Show Some Love to the Devs

For me it was the character interaction and the game itself was set in warhammer fantasy. Vermintide 1 git me really into warhammer fantasy. V2 just made me release my inner pryomanic. Best way to cleanse the ramen is with fire

3 Likes

I forgot to mention the community. I have to say, consider it’s a game with quite a few frustration triggers there’s relatively little shithousery goes on. Of course you get the odd Cretin, but on the whole it’s a good community to be a part of. Even during the Great Bogenhafen Revolt of '18 people in-game were still good comrades. The less said about Reddit the better…

Actually in General I find people at all difficulties to be non-toxic and pretty good fun, even the ones who get downed a lot.

4 Likes

I prefer Sirloin and Sugar Snap Pea stir fry for my ramen :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Forget autocorrect hates ratmen but loves ramen. May as well keep it as a laugh

5 Likes

Raised a smile with me :slight_smile: You’re all good.

3 Likes

… how does one go about this. I’m no professional chef cough cough but I really do love cooking; it’s a passion I’ve always had and I love making any dish, but this sounds wonderful!

2 Likes

In my opinion, the thing that was best captured in V2 is the Warhammer atmosphere. With the rest (gameplay, opponents, mechanics etc.) is not always so.

1 Like

The melee feels amazing, far better than any other game. Without that this game would be just ok. Instead it’s one of the best games ever.

The magical world of atmosphere, enemies, and allies - aesthetics and personality. Brilliantly done. Even love the glowing potion bottles.

I implore Fatshark to make more games like this in different worlds. Doesn’t have to be Warhammer. It would be a crime against gaming if this model was never propagated.

4 Likes

I love the Warhammer Universe especially Warhammer Fantasy and finally having a game that so can delve into means the world to me.

I love Weaves despite popular opinion. Their rewards and incentive could use some push but I love them.

The tactics of combat is excellent and every game is always a thrill ride.

5 Likes

Let em join the chorus here to praise the character design – given that this is not a narrative game, the fact that the characters are so distinct and memorable is a testament to the developers and writers.

Another thing that I love that doesn’t get as much acknowledgement as above is the weapon design. Its rare that a game has a dozen weapons per character and has (almost) all of them be viable on one way or another (aka viable via role or viable via playstyle). The fact that there isn’t a “meta” weapon for each class and slot is a testament to great design. Not since Dark Souls have I seen a system that looks so simple, but is really nuanced and actually gives you real choices in how you’ll build your character and your team. This right here is probably the best part of the game.

4 Likes

My absolute One Favourite thing would be mmhhhhhh …

Guess the part were it’s not some fantastic fleeting bloodsoacked gory dream, but that this playable, sometimes frustrating and nerve wrecking game exists thanks to some FatSharks who also have a great heart for their fanbase ^^ and visa versa …!

3 Likes
  1. Melee combat
  2. Combat situation diversity
  3. Challenge
  4. Warhammer Fantasy setting
  5. Characters and Sienna specifically
2 Likes

The melee combat and the skill required to master it. No other game comes even remotely close to this masterpiece. The only other game that engages me to this extent is UT2k4.

2 Likes

I love the visceral and solid combat system, the WHF setting, the banter and how much the elf winds people up, the difficulty and the salt that causes. Thats more than one thing but whose counting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That this is one and may be the last war-hammer fantasy before it’s all turned into age of sigmar

1 Like

Fast paced action. Variety of builds. Randomized enemies.

1 Like