Whats the significance in reducing ways players navigate adventure maps?

It’s not a minor exploit. It literally breaks the game.

I also didn’t say out of bounds. Alot of safe spots are not just boxes or rocks in the middle of the general map path. Alot of these safe spots are almost never accessed by playing normally.

They can fix them how you like it, i wouldn’t mind if they silently fix them where enemies can pathfind on them, just to scare some players. Either block it off or add enemy pathfinding to it.

Why are you trying to make it sound so dramatic? I’m talking about spots that prevent a player in one particular spot from getting ganged up on by a horde. Most specials and some monsters can still mess you up and it doesn’t help you with anything before or after that particular slice of a map. We’re not talking about out of bounds FoW cheese, Convocation Finale cheese or Skippergate here. Your idea of “safe spot” is clearly different from mine.

What we both agree on is that they shouldn’t exist.

I’m trying to make it sound as accurate as possible. it’s not a minor exploit by any means. I feel like you are trying to downplay it. Breaking entire groups of enemies pathing is not minor, even if it’s not 'all enemies".

My definition of safe spot is: “a spot where certain enemies cannot reach you”. I know plenty of spots and i report them all, and unfortunatly there are still alot of them in the game.

Then why don’t you report them? because you assume fatshark will add invisable walls to them? How can you know for sure if every case if different from each other? Also you will never get promisses from fathsark saying they will fix them by adding enemy pathfinding to them, so they will never get fixed if we don’t report them. I don’t like them adding invis walls aswell, but that doesn’t stop me from reporting safe spots.

3 Likes

Actually, where do you send reports of exploits like that without making a public post announcing them to everyone? I’ve only done public reports so far.

The best way is to send them in private messages to devs on discord or these forums. You can find devs on official vermintide discord or squirrel squad i think hedge and julia are in there.

But if you don’t want to let them know thats your choice, i just think it’s the best thing to do, even if we aren’t guaranteed on the way they will fix them. Trust me, i don’t like them adding invisible walls aswell, but for me personally it’s better then having exploits in the game.

Alright.
This might take longer than I thought because I found over a dozen exploit-ish spots just on Righteous Stand.

2 Likes

the game is chockablock with various safe-spots, reroute spots and other areas that absolutely exploit/break the AI

I’ve always found it strange that FS is more willing to remove things like that fence jump on grain rather than fix the actual problems in the maps

1 Like

My best guess would be because it’s easier to put up an invisible wall than it is going into the AI pathfinding.

1 Like