Whats the point of playing on "Modded Realm" if nothing saves there?

Not how it works. You just don’t see the level up or loot screens and you can’t open chests at all in Modded realm. When you switch to the modded realm, you have all of your levels and equipment from Official. If you want to level/gain loot, you switch to Official and play. If you want to play new mods, you switch back to modded for a few hours.

5 Likes

it is my biggest disappointment in this game how the “mod-support” is handelt.
i couldn’t care less if some people cheat and ruin their own fun and progression.
but that is where the focus is.
i was pumped for the workshop and the qol stuff to fix some obvious problems this game has.
now the workshop is here… but its not. nothing is on the white list.
best joke ever.

3 Likes

Nothing is whitelisted yet because the sanctioning system isn’t done yet. But Robin is working on it (even making progress today!) so expect it soon enough.

People don’t seem to understand that separating the mod realm from the official realm isn’t about preventing people from giving themselves every weapon (you can theoretically spawn any weapon you want while you play modded) but rather about protecting players from griefers who can make themselves a mod that just crashes your game. There’s no way to enable mods while disallowing destructive mods because someone can compile and run a mod without making it public on the workshop.

The modded realm and whitelisting system are basically the best possible solution for allowing people to do whatever they want while maintaining the integrity of the game for people who want to play the game without worrying about bullhockey.

5 Likes

…wat

What?

Wot!!..

I just want my Third Person back its so simple…

2 Likes

Lol. Fatshark’s “soon,” is almost 2 a solid 2 months at this point. Remember those dedicated servers and the dlc that launched in mid to late april? Oh wait, it didn’t. At this point I’d appreciate candor more than the, “we’re working super hard, we’re so close I’m cereal you guys!,” we’re getting now. If you miss a deadline, own up to it and say, " look, we’re not really sure when this feature will be out, it could be another month or more."

I’m a paying customer, and this leaves me feeling as though Fatshark has little to no respect for me. Cut the PR speak and just give us a damn honest answer for Sigmar’ s sake.

2 Likes

Modded realm is used to find mods that are good enough to be accepted into the official realm, as well as try fun things out. Don’t see a problem with that

I think that it (for now) works perfectly given the circumstance that a mod can allow “cheating” in a way where the whole gear/loot system becomes pointless in itself. I enjoy both realms. There are many ways to play a game and it doesn’t become pointless just because certain modes doesn’t give you loot. If all you would want from a game was a chance for loot you could also just skip the entire computer game thing and just roll dices where you assign various loot chances to.

1 Like

this sentence is just nonsense

3 Likes

And what exactly is wrong with that if it’s only in MODDED REALM, which be definition is full of custom things that usually modding allow because people who play there just wanna play with mods. If some mods gives all items or like all talents- whatever, it does not affect Official Realm so where is problem?

1 Like

Anything goes in the Modded Realm. You can give yourself every weapon in the game with perfect stats. There just isn’t a mod for it yet because it requires an amount of work to build.

The modded realm is disconnected from the parts of the FatShark servers that allow for updating your account’s levels and items, so “progression” is indeed disabled. It may be possible for a modder to create a custom, Modded Realm-friendly progression system that mimics those features and saves them 100% locally (in the same manner that mods can save data for various settings), but it’d be a lot of work and I don’t suspect anyone wants to bother with the sanctioning system (whereby you’ll be able to play with some mods in the Official Realm) coming down the pike.

We’re not willing to allow un-sanctioned mod users to interact with out storage/backend systems. It’d be problematic to say the least.

9 Likes

I think the idea they argue for is having the 2 realms be completely separated.
Though, for that to be the case then official realm info couldn’t/shouldn’t be transferable to the modded realm either.

And you are absolutely correct in not allowing modders to 2-way with the backend. Disasters have happened in past games, and will happen in any others that allow it. That stuff should be read-only through an API.

I wonder how long it is until you forget about the whole idea of sanctioned mods. Like how you forgot about dedicated servers for V1.

1 Like

We didn’t forget at all, we wanted to do it, but we didn’t get the opportunity to make them. Totally different ball park (and not related to the OP).

3 Likes

What is stopping that case being repeated, leaving us asking the same question again come VT3 release?

We’ve had the opportunity this time, we’re just behind schedule.

9 Likes

Yes, I was being intentionally absurd to make that same point point. It’s just as much nonsense to say that the game is pointless without loot as what I wrote there…

A simple slot machine is more or less just a loot game, there the possibility of winning actual money is of course an important factor but the actual game play is about collecting loot so games like that are at least not unheard of…