What is the usage of headhunters autogun?

I think braced autogun covered from close to mid range and infantry autogun can actualy take out mid to far ranged enemies pretty confortable.What is the reason of headhunters exist?They dont do anything to carapace armour neither they are good at anything.Maybe just be bad but…

No idea what they’re for.

If you want to click on heads and delete gunners from afar, you’re much better off with a Kantrael lasgun. Better ironsights, reverse fall-off damage, more ammo, and no burst-fire.

2 Likes

With all the autoguns, they feel fun, but aren’t at all the best choice of weapon. I switch to them just for fun when I play on Malice with a friend that hasn’t played the game as much as me. On Heresy which I normally play, I won’t touch an autogun, ever, it’s just not good enough. I think all the autoguns need a bit of care to bring them up to standard.

Yeah I find the burstfire thing such a trash mechanic
With that hug recoil you will have head shot,miss miss,lmao

1 Like

Not all of them are burst, some are semi and can roll to one shot headshot shooters.
They can also roll to be absolute trash:

Las guns being more functional than autogun is fluffy though,the chaos army(no csm) use autogun often and the imperial lasgun,because autogun is more easy to produce and mainten than even the humble lasguns irrc.So it should be bolter>lasgun>autogun,though we missing hotshot lasgun atm

I just now realized that one of the headhunter auto guns is semi-auto. Interesting. I’ll have to try it (I hate the burst fire ones, and thought all head hunters were burst only).

Which one is the semi auto one?
I’ve only seen the burst fire ones as far as I remember and stopped looking at them in the shop as I really dislike burstfire.

The semi-auto works pretty well with Vets ability. It has a good zoom, passable sights and you can keep Counterfire up between reloads easy enough.

The three round burst works okay as a Zealot when your main goal isn’t to be shooting it out with enemies, but to send some rounds down range while you move into melee range.

The two round burst is somewhere between the other headhunters and doesn’t feel as good since it doesn’t specialize in precision or fast damage output, but it can be okay in a fight.

Vraks MK VII

1 Like

Their current use is to get some extra Ordo Dockets.

If you have a really good Headhunter Autogun with great Blessings (eg. Crucian Roulette) then you can keep them for when Crafting is finished and you’re able to extract the Blessings.