We're getting Blessing Updates (apparently)

Which is a very understandable reaction given the current crafting system. I personally am actually quite interested how it‘ll work.

I hope all this might be flanked with chainweapon rework or at least buff.

4 Likes

The good Blessings barely get touched. But all the circumstancial ones and weak ones are made really strong, too. I doubt anyone will be miffed by this change, except for those who already a detractors of Darktide because of it’s rocky launch.

4 Likes

Brutal Momentum seems to get nerfed seriously - this may be warranted but will be unpleasant for many who enjoy their BM Caxe.

1 Like

Not in practicality. You’re massaging the head of those Nurglings either way.

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling it’s reversed. You still will have hit mass ignore on every swing during hordes, but now it also grants +weakspot damage which buffs vs solo target potential.

1 Like

No, I think this is correct. For axes this was one absolute requirement of a blessing. My guess is FS saw that 99% of players are using this blessing over everything else and decided to nerf it a bit.

1 Like

Well maybe you can explain where is a “nerf” part? Every caxe hit is oneshot-headshot for a trashmob, so every swing will have brutal momentum buff on horde encounter as i said, removing 3,5s doesn’t matter at this point.

I don’t use axes, so maybe I misunderstand. I was under the impression Brutal Momentum was always on regardless of where you hit, whereas now you have to hit weak spots to activate it.

The original blessing granted the buff on weakspot kill for a duration (up to 4.5sec),so you could miss headshots without losing cleave AND have the ability to cleave into mixed hordes. So it is a nerf to dealing with mixed hordes, possibly your push attack as well (I don’t know how reliable it is for headshotting) although I think is has reasonable cleave values by default.

2 Likes

Ah okay, that clears it up for me. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m all for blessing/perk reworks, they need them. But keeping crafting locks and then arbitrarily changing those blessings/perks with no way for the player to change them other than to grind for hours to play the weapon slot mahcine again is pretty scummy IMHO.

1 Like

They’re gonna give us anything - anything they can, over and over again, negotiating without admitting that they are negotiating, trying to get us to the table - so long as it isn’t breaking the locks.

3 Likes

Dude I feel you. But at this point I feel like FS has made it clear they are not going to drop locks. I don’t know why, maybe it’s a Tencent thing. I don’t know.

All we can hope for is more improvements to at least make it more bearable.

The only 2 axes people use this isn’t a problem. Its more of an issue for the tactical axes and Achlys CA, since you could screen scroll their low AoE attacks that don’t all hit at gravy angles for headshots like 45 degree and flat horizontal sweeps.

1 Like

But comparing to V2 there is almost no mixed hordes in DT (no stormvermins and shielded enemies except bulwarks), and even when there some roaming elite blobs drugged by horde it’s mostly up to range weapon to deal with them.

Speak for yourself Vet main? As Zealot I’m definitely diving into elite blobs + horde with Caxe, so no duration will for sure be felt there. Not to say such a nerf isn’t justified anyway.

2 Likes

not only that but the fact that Brutal Momentum activates on weakspot KILL which means fast hitting weapons with lower damage per hit will suffer way more due to their nature.

Therefore, it’s a direct nerf to weapons that:

1. are susceptible to mistakes (fast hitting weapons more likely that human error will occur, missing a head)
  2. have non-horizontal attack patterns
  3. are fast but deal less damage per hit

I’m pretty sure when they first gave duration to brutal momentum they ran tests and came to the conclusion that without duration it’s useless for tact-axes etc. However, it’s been a long time and they have forgotten why they added time in the first place.
This is actually a very typical mistake in problem solving; You introduce a pattern to solve a problem and later down the way you introduce another pattern that nullifies the first one in order to solve another problem

Brutal Momentum, in its current form, isn’t a good solution - completely neutralising a weapon’s weakness (in the case of the axes) for a period of time, for trivial input is… a significant imbalance in terms of what you put in vs what you get out.

The proposed change neutralises the weakness in a specific, yet frequent, scenario, of one-shotting low HP horde enemies. We’ll have to wait and see what the numbers look like, but the weakspot damage bonus may be enough to reach breakpoints to facilitate cleaving.

2 Likes

Your hope is in vain, sorry bud.

I have every class ~220 lvl. Maining class is soy, mastering game is chad.

So what? You need to do it sometimes to pull a horde agro on you instead of other players, that’s it. Doesn’t change that fact another zealot with flamer, purgatus/surge psyker, bolter vet or rippergun ogryn will nullify “mixed horde” or remove elite blob danger damn fast. If you are trying to say mixed horde in DT has the same danger level as in V2 you’re just wrong.

It’s a minuscule change that counterbalanced with weakspot damage buff. Not a serious nerf as it was said above. There will be diference only if poxwalkers will have signifficant HP buff.

And it’s clear why there can’t be any serious nerf, it will brick all c-axes and t-axes players have with current crafting system.