Weird lags

Since today i get weird lags when playing as client.
For example:
A horde comes in, i hit the first enemy and it takes arround one and a half second till he reacts to the hit.
I attack the next enemy right after the first one, and this time the enemy reacts immidiately to my attack.
Another example:
I shot at a gas rat. First i think i missed but it just took 1,5 second till the enemy reacts to the hit.
I shot at the next enemy and everything is fine.

This keeps happening the entire run. Also happens on every host i joined so far.
I don’t have problems like this on other Multiplayer games right now.
When i make a speedtest my ping is only 20 ms.
Anybody else noticed something like this?

2 Likes

Yep. Started around 3-4 days ago and… yeah unplayable!

Really Connection lags or FPS issues?

The last Patch fkd somethibg up with dx12 and ive got fps issues with the newest Nvidia driver in dx11… so i had to go some drivers back…

If its die connevtion , go to Options and try some other Network settings or Host by yourself…

Steam shows my FPS and they are nearly always 60. It also really feels like a lag.
I switched to DX 12 recently. will switch back and try if it is still happening

Weil i cant even play dx12^^ the game just says no since the Patch… so maybe youve got an issue there

Yeah it has been here for a while now. I was wondering why i lag every run when my internet works fine and other games run pretty well. I guess it’s not just me then.

I recorded one of my sessions and following situations are a bit strange. Not all of the situations are related to my “weid lags” topic.

0:53 A slave rat comes at me. I start my attack before the rat starts hers. I kill it but get hit by the rat too.
But it was already dead. So two things. The attack is incredible fast and the rat died before it hit me.
Because of the hit i cant block the next attack by another rat and get hit again…

2:22 This instaturn attack… You never know when he is going to do it.

5:00 Was the timing for the Dodge really wrong?

6:58 The first hits on the SV are normal. But the killing blow is odly delayed.

8:14 again the rat that hit me is already dead.

8:55 again enemy dies odly delayed.

11:05 delayed hit registration on gas rat.

12:42 Wtf??? To be honest already happend the third time with satzpyre for me. heartattack?

17:09 again delayed killing blow

might have missed some moments. Its just weird that three attacks are totally fine but the fourth against the same target is delayed. Also i made several speedtests and they all say everything is fine.

At last if you have tips how to improve video quality i would appreciate them.

Any idears whats going on?

Host is CPU bound.

I implied that something might be needed to indicate a CPU bound host a while back (In-game indicators), but didn’t get much response on that.

If your host is CPU bound you will probably notice it through ghost hits and misses, such as arrows sticking in people for you but they do not take dmg etc (this is based on my understanding of how the game works, i.e. your game will draw for you what it considers “the truth”, such as drawing an arrow stuck in an enemy, but the host will decide wether or not that enemy took damage, and due to delay or similar that arrow missed in the perspective of the host so no damage was taken. Your “truth” differs from the “truth” of the host).