Weave Feedback after clearing 120+

Actually at 114, I’m not even irritated anymore, I guess I kinda got used to it by this point :rofl:

103 is amazing, you will love it : https://youtu.be/3MNihTYaM1E :sweat_smile:

I could be wrong, but I think he meant ‘enjoyed’ in the ‘experienced’ sense of the word, not the ‘had fun’ sense. After all there’re languages where the translation for those words comes out pretty close, or dialects where it’s often meant in a sarcastic way. Osrali evidently took it the latter way.

But only OP can clarify that.

@SpaceJellyKing: would you play Season 2 of weaves if they were like the Season 1 ones or have you had enough of them?

What about QP weaves, like FS promised in the latest blog post?

1 Like

I don’t understand why a lot of people hate leaderboard, think is a good thing and motivate to play weaves.

Yeah from the 100 it became frustrating when everything oneshot you, my highest weave actually is the 112 and I don’t remember how many tries, maybe 2 hours spended for the same weave.

Over 100+ weaves the game is just “protect the battle wizard”, a bit annoying.

4 Likes

I think it isn’t the leaderboards themselves so much as the fact that FS gave it as a reason the weaves couldn’t be RNG and instead needed to be scripted. Were it not for that, I imagine most people just wouldn’t care as opposed to actively being hostile toward having leaderboards.

For the people that do care about leaderboards I imagine it’s probably due to the cheaters and the fact the very high weaves aren’t a testament to skill so much as enduring annoyances and using cheese. I’m not saying the people doing them aren’t skilled, you have to be to get that far, it’s more that after a point (and including the odd weaves that are way worse than those before/after them) they appear to be designed in a way that incentivises cheese plays instead of offering a meaningful difficulty increase.

4 Likes

Not so much a good source of motivation as it is the only source of motivation, beyond getting the odd Portrait Frame I guess.

I feel like there should’ve been far more rewards for doing Weaves than there currently is, such as some way to unlock the Weave weapon skins for use in the main game as well (a thing Fatshark has announced they will be trying to add come Season 2).

Having a very limited amount of the playerbase get artificial clout because they spend copious amounts of hours grinding the same gamemode over and over again just to have their name put on a list doesn’t sound like a very healthy reward system, to me at least, especially when, as many others have already pointed out, the game is co-operative, not competitive, in nature.

@Drakonhammer put the issue with Leaderboards quite elegantly, in that its addition, as well as its continued support, negatively impacts the gameplay of Weaves itself (at least the replayability of them if nothing else).

And, much like Leaderboards in any game, ever, there will always be people looking for exploits to cheese their way to the top or just outright cheating, ruining the point of climbing the Leaderboards in the first place.

1 Like

Maybe, for example, because vermintide 2 can’t handle good enough with trainers and cheats?

These screenshots are from the official realm. Difficulty level - cataclysm with several players from Asia. Except that Saltzpyre was flying, the whole team was immortal. Any more questions about Leaderboards?

Green circles on steroids.

It just feels off to force competition into what has been a cooperative experience, with solo potential. (I’d be murdered for not mentioning the latter :sweat_smile: )

It certainly isn’t what a lot of people expected, it does suggest a direction, a change in the course of what Vermintide will try to be. When fatshark employees say things like “dominate the competition”, all I see is an identity crisis. Who plays “competitive Vermintide”? :rofl:

So, I think its a lot less to do with what leaderboards are and what purpose they serve, rather why was it prioritized in “the cooperative fantasy hack and slash” that is PLAGUED by problems that are quite frankly insulting at this point?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.