Weapon stats (not actually crafting related)

All weapons in the game, within a type have more or less the same stats *

Then we have five stat blocks that are variable for each weapon. Ideally, issues with crafting aside, this would allow players to focus on different strong points with different instances of the same base weapon, potentially playing ever so slightly different.
However, unless it’s a weapon primarily meant to apply a DoT, the most important stat on every weapon, by a long shot, is damage.
When trying to get a strong endgame weapon, anything below a 70 damage roll just need not apply, and I’m sure a lot of players would set that bar higher.
I think that just wastes potential in the system, limits player options, and in general leads to needless frustration with no clear gain to anyone.

Suggestion:
A lot of weapons, balanced for their individual case, could do with a raise of their base damage value, that is to say, the value it has at a damage-stat-bar value of 0%.

I know this effects the entire curve, so just raising the minimum would be an overall buff to most weapons. And who knows, maybe Fatshark has something spectacular planned for Red weapons with higher stat values, but I believe changing the curve so that at ~75% rating, the damage is the same, would not upset balance much - most players will eventually settle on weapons with those values, anyways, and nobody will care much for the theoretical 100% rating we just can’t have.
There should be at least some cases where a 370 rated weapon with 65 damage rating is viable, depending on the build. After all, a 60% cleave value, or stopping power, or range, can still be quite viable, depending on weapon and build.

* All weapons have dmg, attack speed, cleave, crit chance, etc., even without a visible cleave or crit chance bar

Tl;dr: I think most weapons could do with higher base damage at low Damage-Bar values, while still doing the same damage at the stat values most players would use them at.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.