We need official confirmation: will we still be able to refund game after early-beta ends on Steam. The gameplay timer is counting in Steam currently

This needs official response. I see that Steam is counting my gameplay time in “BETA”. It’s not Early-Access, it’s not launch. I want to know if I will still have ability to refund game before launch. I think many players would like to also know it.

1 Like

Playtime in the beta is considered playtime. You can try to ask for a refund but you’d have to make a manual ticket for that

2 Likes

But betas are for testing, it’s not launch. Officialy game is not released yet.

2 Likes

Steam doesn’t really consider it that way due to the way it tracks playtime by appid. You can ask steam for a refund, however you will need to amke a manual ticket if you do so since, according to their system, you’ve played more than 2 hours.

Again this is a quirk with steam, and has nothign to do with the game itself. Fatshark can’t really tell you since they’re not the ones giving the refund out.

2 Likes

According to the wording they use it should be possible. I don’t think I ever refunded a product, so no personal experience at all.

Reelvant section says that 2 hour play time/2 weeks doesn’t apply on pre-purchases if tehy rae refunded before the game is released.

1 Like

I think you might find Steam understands "release"differently from the way you do here. Don’t shoot the messanger.

1 Like

I doubt it.

The store page says that you can pre-purchase the game, and thus it’s not released. It would be a different story if it released as early access.

The most reliable thing to do would of course be to contact Valve about it, as they are the ones implementing the policy.

That’s not up to FatShark but Steam.