Waystalker, Now uselless (patch 1.06)

You can preach all you want about how the gameplay doesn’t suit you, but don’t distort facts.

1.0.5 was mostly correcting the fact that every, every, weapon was doing far more damage than it should. It has zero correlation with individual career balance and it showed that blatantly in the 1.0.5 beta.

I used the dev blogs because it’s an official dev publication of how the game should be shaped up. You didn’t argue against it because it clearly states that Waystalker is going to supress hordes with sheer volume of arrows. It’s black and white, accept that you are wrong.

Are you serious? BoP was one of the worst weapons in VT1. It served no purpose except shooting hordes and even then it was just easier and much safer to kill hordes with melee because rats came from all directions unlike in VT2.

2 Likes

Lol you should read what you write you literally injected your own opinion in place of the dev’s then write a response like this when faced with a quote from a dev that directly contradicts what you say.

You linked a fluff post and are translating it into mechanics. Can’t argue with that type of logic since it’s totally bonkers

2 Likes

Aren’t you the one distorting facts and preaching that the gameplay doesn’t suit you.?

1 Like

The dev post you linked states that waystalkers deal with threats with “bow or blade”. Just as a waystalker she leans more towards bow.

It seems a lot of people don’t remember what you could do in VT1 very well. In the first game you could easily obtain large amounts of munitions and go about ranging the level. There were a lot of ammo recovery traits for both ranged and melee weapons. This game is actually at the point where there is even less ammo and ammo recovery than the first game.

A bit of an exaggeration but I think it’s funny you say that because I was just telling my buddy last night that the Waystalker and old Handmaiden basically traded spots. Waystalker is underpowered, watered down, and from an enjoyment/balance standpoint she is bad.

I assume you’re referring to the Longbow. That was definitely a huge and unnecessary nerf. I assume Fatshark is digging through the grime to really find those Waystalker hate groups now.

This.

No. Killing range talents/traits/weapons to suit your own biased desires and kill ranged careers is not balancing. Believe it or not, changing weapons and traits affects all careers for that character, not just their ranged one.

I am pretty convinced you didn’t actually play VT1. Or you were playing some alien version of it.

The problem here is entirely on the BH passive, NOT on scrounger.

1 Like

I have 700h in first game and I have done lots of true solo runs. How much hours do you have?

Do you have a better proposition how to solve it?

Change Blessed Shots to not crit (in order to avoid interacting with crit based traits) and add a scaling multiplier to damage instead (eg. “Blessed shots deal +50% damage”)?

1 Like

in vt1 is 90% melee gameplay
i hope they do the same on vt2
and this elf nerf is OK for me

Hmm, I guess it could be the same as shots during the Huntsman’s ult. Just plain damage multiplier. That could work indeed.

Nerf WS, sure. She shoot fast, with precision, and deal big damage. Sure she is so strong.
A lot of Kerillan players use swiftbow and shoot everything as they play alone.
But nerf her ammo capacity is not a good idea. She is an ranged classe and delete her ammo is not the solution for me.
Players use ranged weapons because it’s easy. The melee gameplay is more hard while you have to attack and block/push or dodge. Just click left is so easy and fast. (Like the progression in each map… ( rush! rush! rush!..)

What the next nerf patch? Delete the shield for the ironbreaker?

If Fatshark want to players play melee, just delete all the ranged classes.

1 Like

they still cleave everything in sight though. due to the endless crying from people actually having to learn how to dodge and push, the patch effectively did nothing.

“… be it pinpoint precision or sheer volume of arrows loosed against the enemy hordes.”

Really? Next time I’ll draw a paint image depicting that.
I literally inserted zero opinion. If you guys are still so adamant then you better ask the devs to retract that PR statement to something like “… occasional precision and minimal volume of arrows against sparse enemies.”

Since stagger when down and up again I think, cleave-wise, only ranged got somewhat affected. In 1.0.4. uncharged shots were effectively cleaving 2-3 targets which was pretty sick. Currently, commonly, hordes will survive through WS/Pyro/BH barrage.
Damage nerf is kinda ok. Specialization is more required instead of pumping +crit +as.

Almost like all these nerfs to long-range characters is Fatshark’s way of saying they don’t want this to be a ranged game at all. Which is unfortunate because ranged is often for more fun then melee. It’s the hard truth of it, best get used to it my guy. Between ranged being rolled up and melee now having the most limited roster of legend-viable weapon ever, things aren’t looking too good, or fun even.

1 Like

At least it’s lore-friendly now.
I am angry. Angry about elves.

That many hours and still thinking VT2 ranged weapons have less ammo issues than VT1.

The problem in this game is less about range and more about how bad melee combat is. It’s not a matter of power, it’s a matter of flawed/bugged design. They’re still working on it, but there have been and still are a ton of issues. It’s generally not good to bring up VT1 when making comparisons due to how different the game is, in addition to the fact that people are generally wrong about their comparisons. Like when people say they had less ammo or less ways to recover ammo in VT1(which is entirely untrue).

The way enemies attack is substantially different and before their recent patch changes, the mobs would just stack endlessly on each other to wail on a player. They’ll make an attack and skate forward 20 feet while lunging just to hit you. I swear they do back flips and spins as they do it just for funzies. Dodging isn’t as reliable as it should be because of that. There are more guard-bypassing attacks from enemies, particularly bosses which are far more oppressive and difficult than the previous game’s boss. That’s just naming a few. Range doesn’t have to worry that much about any of those game-breaking issues because you can avoid those issues with range.

What people don’t seem to realize is you can’t properly balance a game like this until you fix all the glaring issues that exist. Other than something blatantly obvious like the Beam Staff or abusable BH ammo talent(before they patched it), how can you try to properly compare/balance melee and ranged? And then for the people complaining about ranged careers being strong at their job, do they not realize how silly that seems? The game can still achieve a melee-oriented combat game while allowing enjoyable and powerful ranged play. It’s almost like that very concept is unfathomable to people.

2 Likes

Clearly the “sheer volume of arrows” bit was referring to the swiftbow, not the longbow. If you want to spam arrows all the time, you can still use that.

Ok i understand now.

Before the patch, the longbow for the WS had 41 ammo. “Vaul’s Quiver” regenarated 2 arrows / 5sec. Now, for 30 ammo, regenarate 1 ammo/5sec.

Actually, the swiftbow have 75 ammo with the WS, and regenarate 3 arrows/5sec.
“Vaul’s Quiver” gives you x mun/5sec of the max capacity ammo of your bow.