Vote for our next hero!

I don’t understand this line of thought. Just because a new hero tags along with them, they suddenly don’t become the Ubersriek 6. They’re not even there anymore… That was a title they got for their exploits in the first game.

Devs have already said they were exploring a new character. And during one stream, one of the Devs said the other Dev on the stream was currently working on a character. Who knows if they were being serious or not.

3 Likes

It’s interesting that a lot of people want to see Genevieve, for me it would be a great option, if she could adapt to the group.

2 Likes

Yea Genevieve. Why not put in to pool Volkmar, Teclis or maybe Gotrek? :joy:

1 Like

We already got a slayer XD

Genevieve would just be an interesting addition. She’s saved the Emperors life and is allowed to live in the Empire despite being a Vampire. She’s blessed by Sigmar, but not too powerful at the same time. She only knows basic magical charms and wards, besides her necromancy. I think the dialogue between her and the others would be hilarious. I’m guessing she would have a French accent since she’s from Bretonnia.

Well, simultaneously, it’d be interesting to see how a high-and-mighty Swordmaster of Hoeth mixes things up. High Elves are known for their glamour and beauty, would back-talk Kerillian and likely win those arguments, would stand up to Saltzpyre about his fanatical need to serve a dead emperor, and likely be the only person in the party Bardin can’t stand.

It’d probably go over a lot more smoothly, too. Swordmasters are innate guardians of the weave and have been one of the better-recognized troops that defend the High-Elven homelands.

While Genevieve would be interesting for sure I think there’s far superior lore-options for characters that we can choose from (that is, if we are thinking of it from a lore-driven perspective). Ultimately, as OP listed… there’s all-too-many options for us to say for sure anyways, but I think Genevieve would be outlandish. I’d be excited to see her for sure, but I don’t think she is as cool or as thematic as putting in another “good” driven character.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the Emperor Karl Franz is still alive at that point, are you talking about 40k? I personaly like to think about what new can bring a freshly added character into the game, and so far we are just talking about some lore stuff.

1 Like

This is just for the sake of argument but I really think another good character would be boring. It’s the god-damned Endtimes so you can throw literally anybody together in a party that’s not a skaven or chaos. I mean part of the charm of vermintide was allways this alliance of people who aren’t too fond of each other. I mean a Witch-Hutner Captain working together with a literal witch? A Wood-elf fighting alongside a dwarf (sure they are not the biggest enemies but nonetheless there is not a ton of sympathy). Just adding another snobby elf is just not as exciting as something more crazy like a vampire.

5 Likes

Genevieve topping the chart… @SmokerT69, why do I have a feeling that your fingerprints
are all over these 26%? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

GenevieveDieudonn%C3%A9

I don’t know what you’re talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The dispute for the 2nd and 3rd place is hard, meanwhile Genevieve seems immovable in the 1st place.

Well, duh, when you don’t add an Ogre option, of course the damn Vampire is going to be at first place.

If you added an Ogre option, I can guarantee it would’ve gotten at least twice, no, thrice, no, TEN TIMES the amount of votes Genevieve got.

We all know, deep down in our sub-par at best guts, that Ogres are superior to literally everyone in literally every single imaginable way possible. Period.

And that’s a fact.

He’s stronger than you, he’s T H I C C E R than you, and if you invite this man to an eating contest, boy, well I gotta say, you just played yourself, good sir.

No matter how much the universe seems to make his life miserable, the Ogre doesn’t care, why would he? He cannot be concerned with such mortals affairs, it’s beneath him.

The existential dangers of being alive in the Warhammer world doesn’t even faze him in the slightest, he’s too pure to let something like that ruin his day.

There’s a great mantra amongst Ogre kind, passed down from great grandpa Ogre, to great grandson Ogre:

"First we’re gonna beat it, then we’re gonna eat it. "

What’s the Ogre’s solution to everything life throws at him? First he beats it, then he eats it.

See a nice leftover meal in the fridge? Beat it and eat it.

See a fridge? Beat it and eat it.

Neighbor’s dog is annoying? Beat it and eat it.

Said dog left a turd on your lawn? Beat it and eat it.

Guy trying to break into your house? Beat him and eat him.

Tax collector trying to take your hard-earned cash? Beat him and eat him.

Stubbed your toe? Beat it and eat it.

Morning wood? Beat it and eat it.

Depression kicking in? Beat it and eat it.

Wife left you and took the kids? Beat the w- no, don’t.

See this man?

This.

This is peak, male performance.

You may not like it.

But this is it.

And no damn Vampire is going to be able to achieve this godlike state of being, this pure T H I C C N E S S I tell ya what.

If you’re not in sheer awe at the size of this lad, this ABSOLUTE UNIT, you’re a damn liar.

And that’s a fact.

This big boi treats himself daily with some quality Micky D’s, 'cause he got himself hella munchies.

…then he treats himself with the employees as well, but let’s not talk about that.

How would you go about beating a FUPA lord like this?

Ya can’t.

None of us can.

…maybe George Costanza could, but that guy beat the Interplanetary Sorceror with a tooth pick in one hit, whilst he was drunk, half-asleep, and blindfolded, so he can beat anybody.

Now, with that out of the way, excuse me while I go take on another hundred pounds.

4 Likes

While I am not a big fan of vampires in fiction in general, I think Jenny would be the most fitting choice for a new hero for a multitude of reasons.
Apart from her being already an established lore character (which would tremendously increase the immersion imho) and being hinted at, she also fullfills other criteria that, so I entertain, would be necessary to “justify” the addition of a whole new hero.

To me, a new hero needs to meet certain requirments that only a few of the suggestion do:

• Distinquishable character that is not too exotic: The new hero needs to be remarkable enough to stand out from the others without being too exotic and too oddball of a choice. To me, this eleminates both things like the Bret Knight and Skinks, bothing being too far on either edge of this spectrum. Part of why Keri and Bardin work so well is that they are a “minority”. Just think about how Peter Jackson de-mystefied elves because he just threw them everywhere he could. If there’d be another dwarf hero, he’d just be “the other dwarf”. With elves, this is not AS much a deal as they are alot more distinquishable from each other, but Keri with her 3 carreers already covers some fronts (see below). Lizardmen would simply stand out too much imho, but that’s of course a matter of personal preference, at least so larger margin. This puts Jenny up there, as aesthetically, she is human, but she is exotic enough that she isn’t “just another human”.
  • Hero needs to provide enough possible concepts to be suitable for three carreers. This, again, eliminates concepts like the Warrior Priest of Sigmar as a stand-alone hero, as this is a concept that would be best suitable as a 4th carreer for Salty. We already have a Sigmarite that is sigmaring about Sigmar all the time, another would not only be redundant from a character concept point of view, but what would his other carreer options be? A hero that would be primarily be defined by his carreer would only fit if the carreer was flexible enough to allow enough varation, something that a WP or Bret Knight simply wouldn’t hold up to. With Jenny, FS could pull something very similar to Keri: Jenny is, by default lore, a Lamian, but that is just one type of Vampire. Her basic carreer would be “Lahmian Rogue”, which whatever concept that would entail (possibly 125 health utility/enemy manipulation or 100 health shade-style offensive with invisibility type skill), while her “tanky” carreer could be Blood Dragon, she might have a Slayer/Zealot-style offensive Strigoi carreer, a Necrach Necromancer-type support carreer or anything they could come up with a von Carstein bloodline. She simply has very high potential here to allow her Vampire template to be always the dominating factor and hero definition, but the bloodlines are fleshed out and distinquishable enough that like with Keri, they allow for distinctly different approaches to it as well as varied interpretations of the same, common theme.
  • The new hero needs to be “party-friendly” that it doesn’t jeopardize the established heroes’ background and character. While the Endtimes would defenitely even allow for Orc heroes, undead heroes and the like, you gotta take suspension of disbelief into account. How likeley are they going to find enough common ground that they UR-5 are going to trust the newcommer enough that they accept their help. While it is like Lohner said “Beggars can’t be choosers”, creating a believable scenario where the current party (and especially Bardin) wouldn’t attack an Orc on sight, would be a very challenging task, especially considering that the majority of story- and character exposition is handled by in-game dialogue. Just throwing something like “Lohner said this Orc is nice, so we play it cool” would not only be cheap, but simply highly implausible. Again, Jenny is just a perfect match, as Vampires are not by definition “the bad guys” like Orcs, Chaos and Skaven are (WH fantasy does use rather broad brushes to paint factions, even though the “grim dark” setting kinda makes it ought that almost anyone is a racist jerk), Lohner knows her, she could mask her identity as a vampire long enough to prove her trustworthyness to the party and nobody in the party would be THAT inclined not to trust her. I mean, even the… let’s say “strained” relationship between Salty and Sienna has softened up, as neither of them are idiots and even though Salty distrusts Sienna’s use of magic, he doesn’t distrust HER as a companion (in fact, dialogue seems to suggest that she has actually changed his black and white world view quite a bit, to the extent that he seems now more worried about what would happen if he brought her “to justice” and seems more leaning towards finding ways to “save” her and somehow lead her back to the “honest path”). Same with Bardin and Wutelgi, their quarrels only seem to be half in earnest (except for some very sour spots they both react very defensive about, no matter who hits them) and as many seem to be aware, Keri’s distrust for the mayflies is not as deeply rooted as she wants us to believe at first glance, especially towards Kruber.
  • The new hero needs to be a fun addition to the game with cool new mechanics while sticking to the formula that basic concepts (stealth ability, auto-aim ability, charge-abilities, etc.) need to be there so it feels familiar. Not much to add, and I think Jenny with her possible different bloodlines and the creativity that vampiric powers allow would strike a good balance. Doesn’t take much imagination to come up with ways how a stealth ability might look like (Hunter in the Dark), or a charge ability (Flying Horror, Bat Form), or a defensive ability (Spectral Form, becoming invulnerable for a brief moment, Dread Knight), or offensive ability (Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, besererker mode that maybe regenerates health by drawing blood), or support abilities (Aura of Dark Majesty, Unholy Regeneration), the possibilities are infinite and everything seems to find an equivalent of something that is already in the game, yet could be interpreted in a new way by thinking “How would a vampire use this?”.

Long story short, Genevieve is an absolute perfect match for a new hero in every way and I can’t see any other concept coming even close to it.

My second choice would indeed be a second magic wielder and here is where I could see another elven hero come into play, as it would also meet most of my criteria. A male high elf (that would stay such in every carreer) would be different enough from Keri that he would be distinquishable and he would allow a different approach to magic while not making Sienna redundant, as a high elf would allow two very different concepts: Either a pure magic wielder that is learning high magic and can therefor use a different wind of magic on each carreer or a high elf that uses only one of his carreers as a magic wielder and can use each wind of magic with it. I mean, how awesome would it be if a hero had a selection of staffs that did always the same, but with each carreer, they used a different wind. E.g., the “tanky” carreer would use Chamon (metal), the offensive would use Azyr (with Chain-Lightning as carreer skill :smiley: ), and the “support” could use any wind imaginable, from Ghyran (life) to Ulgu (shadow) or maybe even Hysh (light).
If “Loremaster” would just be a single carreer, the hero could just get one staff for each wind (e.g., he’d also get the flamethrower staff for Aqshy, but only this one, and all the other staffs would be connected to a different wind), maybe going so far as even changing his carreer passive and active depending on what staff he has equipped. This would still let Sienna be the “fire caster” while giving a second wizard enough space to be explored.

7 Likes

lol, nice post though, I got a few laughs out of it.

And @Kekmaster touched on a lot of reasons why I think Genevieve would be the best fit.

2 Likes

No gold wizard is a no go =/

This is not the most logical choice. Adding a carrers to all heroes = 5 careers to work on. Adding a new hero = 3 careers to work on.

1 Like

I’m going to leave my personal contribution as a new hero in the group:

Name: Alanna
History: This young woman lived in a small house in the forests of the empire with her mother and her little brother. With the arrival of the end of time the Beastmen destroyed her farm and her family, so she now seeks to avenge them.

Careers:

• Apprentice of the nature: The study and the contact with the forest make Alanna a magician of Jade. She can use weapons like sticks, sickle, swords …
    Ultimate skill -> Alanna hits the ground with her stick creating a thorny and poisonous roots. It damages in time and slows enemies in a frontal cone.

• Trapper: life in the forest made Alanna a consummate beast hunter. She can use weapons like javelins, bows, spears …
    Ultimate Skill -> Alanna places a huge trap on the ground. When enemies pass over it´s activated doing a lot of damage. This can immobilize bosses for a few seconds.

• Child of Ulric: Alanna always lived in the forest to hide his own identity, is a lycanthrope but free from the magic of chaos. She can use weapons like maces, clubs, axes …
    Ultimate Skill -> Alanna has a rage bar (similar to Sienna) This bar increases while killing enemies or taking damage, but decreases while she doesn´t. When it reaches the maximum Alanna is transformed into a wolf increasing her power, speed of movement and resistance to damage. When the effect ends she returns to her normal state.

The other two options that I think are also Genevieve and a high elf. They are two very moldable characters who would also adapt to the group, without being too strange.

1 Like

Why though?

A Gold Wizard should be just as much of a no go as any other wizard.

I don’t get your question. (I really don’t, not a taunt or I don’t know)

Well, why do you consider Gold Wizard a no go?

What I meant with my question, was that I don’t see how adding a Gold Wizard to the game is any different from adding any other Wizard to the game (A Jade Wizard or a Light Wizard, etc. etc.).

No I mean, not adding a gold wizard to the vote, is a no go for the vote, for me.
Gold wizard is way more unique (even in their spells) than a lot of others Wizards from the poll (Jade Wizard could work though) so more interesting mechanically to not have a “Sienna-like” character.
Now here’s why (quoting my own post from another “new hero” topic) :

Meet the Gold Order

In the Empire of Man, the Golden Order (or just the Gold Order) is comprised of those Magisters who study and embrace the Yellow Wind of Magic, Chamon.
Not only they are alchemists but also scientists.

Looking to transmute a metal to another “more rare” metal.
They’re also looking for the eternal transmutation, as the usual ones changes back after some time.
They tends to be very “logical”, and do not magic only but also science.

This is the most logical choice for a character for 2 reasons :

• Story wise, it makes more sense than a vampire or an orc as it will be accepted by the original team with ease.
  • Gameplay wise, it brings more features and a more unique gameplay than any other character currently presented =>
  • A Bretonnian would mostly use the same weapons than Kruber, and even if it could be a bit different, it doesn’t bring “something new” (it’s still a knight which will also be on foot as the horse won’t be manageable in a game like this)
  • A Lizard would be melee oriented obviously, and can be a bit more mobile but would mostly remind the savagery of a Slayer or a Zealot.
  • A Vampire could use an interesting gameplay with Blood but how ? We don’t really know. Only basing the whole character (3 careers) on a drain of life would kinda look like a weird mix between Sienna (A new “bar” to manage) and Kerrilian.

Opposed to this, this new mage doesn’t PLAY like another Mage. So it’s not a reskinned Sienna, it would be far more control.

Some possibilities are “summoning weapons”, “turning ennemies into various metal during seconds”, “reinforcing weapons or armor”, “using various potions”, “rustying armored enemies”.

Disadvantage are that this would not be a new race, but a mere human (again).