Versus Mode!

Versus mode announced at E3.
Game wasn’t built with it in mind. It’ll be something to see how it works out.

EDIT

There is now an announcement thread for Versus. Conversation can probably be moved there.

1 Like

U may sign up for beta here

https://www.vermintide.com/versus

1 Like

How disappointing.

1 Like

Why? Many ppl wanna play as rat vs heroes, and asks about that possibility. Is the same mode like in L4D2. If here will be no cheaters, I think will be a fun mode.

2 Likes

Not really interested in this, but I’m sure there are ppl who will enjoy it. All I’m worried about is the toxicity it may bring, like in L4D2.

1 Like

I’ll give them credit. It is indeed something new to the game and something I wasn’t expecting. I have a buddy who got the game but lost interest citing that he wanted PvP. So I know that there is some demand for it.

1 Like

I’ve zero interest in this too.

Hopefully this wont be mandatory for items, hats or otherwise. :confused:

2 Likes

I think this will be an optional game mode just for fun eg. weekly chellenge, deeds

There are FAQs at the link @Maddred posted up above. It addressed it.

TL;DR - There “might” be some unlocks for standard V2 players, but it’s intended to be a standalone mode with no crossover. They have different development teams too.

Well, that’s disappointing. (OPINION)

1 Like

I think they’re using the line as a consideration, not a teaser. And I feel like it’d be more along the lines of Keep decorations than character based stuff. i.e someone sees your PvP painting upon entering you keep. But, they seem more keen on keeping the 2 modes separate. Won’t know until it arrives.

Hopefully will release along with dedicated servers. Can’t imagine it running otherwise. Nice surprise at any rate!

1 Like

kek

2 Likes