Versus mode

I think it would be really cool if we could have a game mode where 4 players play as random special skaven or chaos units/bosses against 4 players trying to survive and get through the match.

1 Like

Fleshing out Skaven / Chaos units to the point theyd be playable the same way as regular characters would take a LOT of work. Personally Id rather see a new career for each character or 2 completely new heroes.

3 Likes

Might be worth it though. Would add longevity to the game via further variability in challenge. I don’t see a reason they can’t do this and add other content. They want money and this would appeal to a broader range of different people. I know tons of people who still play L4D2 simply because of versus. Just saying. If they added glamour items with a versus element then people would keep coming back to show off their glamour to other players. What better way to show off your big beautiful gun or glamour model than in a competitive realm?

Versus + glamour + player ego with earned glamour (competitive environment) + maybe even cash shop glamour = longevity and long-term purchases = long term income.

Theyre an independent studio and their resources are limited. If they take half a year or a year to develop some sort of pvp system theyre not developing anything for their core playerbase. And then the pvp’ers start bitching about pvp balance and it all goes down the crapper even more.

5 Likes

And then the pvp’ers start bitching about pvp balance and it all goes down the crapper even more.

Totally agree with that, they developed vermintide 1 and 2 as PvE, they’re not gonna develop a PvP mode, you can hope for some mods in the future

1 Like

I see you’re worried about them not spending time on features that you would like, due to limited resources. I get that. I’m just making a suggestion for something I’d like too :slight_smile: Just saying that maybe as they gain more profit they can turn around and add features that could generate even more after they create the resources they would need.

As for balancing the pvp, the skaven/chaos players wouldn’t be using anything thats not already there.

Down the crapper? I think the game is amazing. definite improvement over vermintide 1. I’m only suggesting a very limited form of PvP.

• I am interested in a balanced “versus mode” of skaven/chaos specials played by players against the heroes.
  • I am not interested in a balanced “versus mode” of skaven/chaos specials played by players against the heroes.

0 voters

I keep coming back here to see if they are even considering Versus mode because I won’t buy until they implement something like that. I think they are missing out on a ton of sales because of the lack of longevity a mode like that gives to a game. It makes a game desirable to an entirely new set of people - people who like to play with their friends a lot, especially more than three at a time.

What does balance have to do with versus mode? It’s assymetric - teams take turns trying to slow the other side down in the progress through a map. Whoever gets farther wins. It’s perfectly balanced and genius.

And for those of you thinking it will detract from other features - look what pivoting did for Epic with Fortnite. Think they are hurting for features over there? Taking their game in a new direction skyrocketed them to the top of the revenue charts. Sometimes you have to pivot a bit to find the sweet spot.