Hello there. I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and Vermintide 2 (V2) does not seem to like that one bit. It worked perfectly with no issues beforehand. No Mods. Here is what happens:
- In the launcher, ‘Play’ is greyed out. I am using the temporary workaround to sort this issue.
- The game starts fine and I can get into the lobby as any character.
- If I join game using Quickplay or start a lobby, the game 90% of the time it will find a game, try to join it and then hang when it starts loading. V2 CPU usage drops to 0% and becomes unresponsive. The other 10% when it loads, I can determine no cause. It will likely crash regardless after 15mins in the same manner.
I cannot provide a crash report because the game never truly crashes. Log files normally terminate mid-statement, although a commonality between them is a long list of lines like this, typically right before the end of the log files:
“[Lua] [Matchmaking] Lobby hosted by [Player Name] failed lobby match due to ‘wrong mission (dlc_bogenhafen_slum ~= fort)’”
These are the things I have tried to resolve the issue by looking at other Tech Support threads in these forums. None have resolved the issue:
- Verifying V2 files on Steam.
- Reinstalling the game.
- Deleting the V2 folder in the AppData/Roaming/Fatshark Directory.
- Setting Graphics to Low.
- Changing Display mode (Windowed/Fullscreen etc.). All modes have this error.
- Updating Graphics Drivers for GPU, clean installation too.
- Updating Windows 10 to most recent version.
- Turning off all overlays (Nvidia; Windows 10; Steam).
- Running Steam as Admin.
I have probably done some other things, but I cannot remember them right now. Thank you.