Vermintide 2 - Coming to PlayStation 4 on December 18th

OK put it this way, if the roles were reversed and the only new content to be released for a game you have become heavily invested in. In nearly a year was two new maps that cost almost half what the full game cost. And the promise of dedicated severs has resulted in churning of tumbleweed in a mime parade. That is clearly due in no small part to the focus, launching the game on other platforms , would you be thankful?

Well yes you would be the fact that you going to pay double the cost of what the game should cost. Nearly a year latter, with one third more game content than the base game. With three of the ā€œnewā€ maps you have already likely played through, and yet you seem happy about that and defend it speaks volumes ā€¦

2 Likes

The hell are you talking about man, itā€™s a year and a half, two years later and I donā€™t even have access to the game yet. A game world Iā€™ve been invested in for 25 years now. So no,I canā€™t see it from the perspective of actually having the game and getting to play it with people.
Terrible analogy.
The price, I admit, shocked me at first. It has been out for a time, is not considered AAA, Ā£45 is alot.
I also understand that it is made by a smaller studio, would take longer to get things done, costs still to be covered,wages to be paid.
End of the day, if i get an hour of gameplay for Ā£1 so 45 hours out this is would consider it getting my monies worth and I would.
Iā€™m halfing in, and getting all the dlc for Ā£22.50? Iā€™ve spent that on a carry out.

You donā€™t get it do you? One of the biggest issues with the game is that it is Peer 2 Peer. Much of the games flaws stem from this alone and many fixes would come from dedicated server. 3 million people brought the game on PC the player base was bustling. Had fatshark kept to the original plan for content and dedicated servers. Left for dead 2 have more than double the active playersā€¦ I have seen too many games die. The concurrent gamers playing the game arnt sufficient to support development. Thus highly expensive content packs. The course of action fatshark took basically killed the game.

I do get it, another disgruntled PC player on a PS thread.
Answered your questions already.
3 million you say on PC? How many X-box? PS un-released yet. This makes a dead game? I donā€™t think so.
Im still playing VT 1 and still get games and people joining, end up playing with the same people frequently and loot/ missions aside, still great so Iā€™m really not bothered.
Left For Dead, different game completely is more played probably due to the trend of the zombie esque bombardment of media the past while making it more accessable. Not Ratmen in a fantasy world.
Enough Pc chat, thereā€™s threads for this, go there and voice concern.

1 Like

ps4 releasing is good for both pc and xbox too

with profit that fatshark will get, VT 2 will have longer life and it great good for everyplayers

3 Likes

Anyone else got/ not got a beta code yet?

havenā€™t got a code either. I donā€™t think anybody has other than the people who bought the ultimate edition preorder. I know multiple people who signed up and none of us have a code.

1 Like

I know a few aswell and no-one has either.
Tried messaging the community manager and no answer yet.
Getting busier painting, gonna be a mission squeezing in butchery sessions lol.

Not being a console player myself Iā€™m really curious to see how you guys handle the controls.

From what Iā€™ve heard from the xbox people itā€™s the same controls as V1 and most good people use the ā€œalternate 2ā€ mapping which moves the dodge/jump button to L1 or R1 (LB or RB for xbox) which allows for dodging and aiming at the same time. Honestly that control scheme should be the default. The aiming from V1 was still terrible compared to mouse but there was some degree of auto aim (not for headshots though).

I saw several of the die hard V1 PS4 players use a XIM4 instead. It was easy to tell they were using a XIM4 because they did instantaneous 180 turns and they never responded on the mic (because itā€™s very difficult to configure a XIM4 and a mic at the same time)

I wish they would just put out keyboard and mouse support since both consoles support it natively.

1 Like

I have a friend who plays on pc but only uses a ps4 controller, swears by it. He holds his own in legend just fine, I wouldnā€™t have guessed he was using a controller if I hadnā€™t seen it myself.

Iā€™m tempted to learn so I can really melt into the couch while I stab the rAts

Thereā€™s always gonna people who play differently. I was the #1 helicopter pilot on our server for BF3. I used the Arrows keys to fly XD Meanwhile you have people with actual flying joysticks getting absolutely wrecked by meā€¦ I had a friend who played FFXIV and cleared all the end game content at the time using the arrows keys and num pad to control his camera and movement.

1 Like

how many days is the beta running?

Not sure man.

Still no beta access for folks??

The controls are fine man, probably easier than using a keyboard.

Will there be a sale in Asia?

Itā€™s forth not fourth :grinning::rofl::joy:

I really donā€™t careā€¦ At all to be pretty blunt with you.

Still no beta code has came through at all. Is there a problem?

So regarding the beta keys, we just donā€™t get enough from the platform in order to fulfil all the beta sign ups over the last 12 months, so we are prioritising those who have signed up in the latest sign up form who also signed up to the original form which was available earlier in the year. Once those are fulfilled, we will go through the sign ups on the newer sign up form on a first come first served basis.

1 Like