Vermintide 2 - 'Back to Ubersreik' DLC Announcement

Aye, me too xD

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Genevieve_Dieudonné

Would be interesting, and their response when I asked them if new characters were on the way was rather strange…

1 Like

That’s the one. Salty is going to have even more trouble holding back his heresy with her around.

1 Like

Doesn’t she hold the title of savior of the empire/heroine of the empire? :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think salty has much of a choice since the emperor gave her that title. And she works for the temple of Ulric. None the less, she would make an interesting new hero, and she’s in the area during the end times and has been hinted at in game.

Also, unlike most vampires, since she was turned so young, she’s not over powered and would fit in with our current heros.

As a vampire of not inconsiderable age, Genevieve was considerably more resilient, faster and stronger than humans – for instance she could crack an iron shackle with one hand. She did not burn in daylight, but it did make her weaker, tired and on occasion her eyes stream – she cast no reflection and silver burned her. [1e] During her time in Cathay she learnt some minor magical charms and some hand to hand techniques. Fire is dangerous - she was thrown into a bonfire in the Black Mountains and it took ten years to grow all of her skin back

So, basically, she has no real training with weapons. She’s only really proficient in hand to hand combat, perhaps some daggers and the sort which she would of used during her time as an assassin for the empire. And she knows some basic magic, charms.

Voice lines are gonna be good tho… I wonder how elves would treat a vampire though? Mind you, it’s not like Kerillian is nice to her current comrades anyway lol

1 Like

I personally have not experienced the game as bad as you are portraying (although I have also only been playing it for about 3 months), but I do hear you. FS did done fuked up with the release of a clearly unfinished game, and worse yet, are taking their sweet time to actually polish it to where it should be, even now. Not counting weapon and career balance which is in the works now, since that needs to be tested quite extensively by a multitude of people, debated heavily, and will always take quite a while to polish to perfection. But the way bots are oscillating between incompetent and bugged is unacceptable imo. Just like facepatrols and other less common bugs. So I can´t blame you for your animosity towards FS, I feel some too.

1 Like

Sounds like garbage spewed by the typical entitled millennial kid.

3 Likes

Yeah probably another stupid picture frame :grinning::grin::joy::rofl::smiley::smile:

1 Like

True but one thing I feel people dont understand is there are alot of things they cant do because of gamesworkshop for example with screaming bell apprantley they wanted at 1st to make the bell frenzy the skaven and turn there eyes green,GW said no skaven eyes are red! So if they try to design a hat or outfit and its no 100% lore friendly GW wont let them do it everything they design has to go by GW 1st. Not saying I dont want some cool outfits id love that just its not as easy as we think it is

2 Likes

WARRIOR PRIEST!!!

6 Likes

I’ve been here since the beginning of V2 (some people here since V1 wrote that the same thing happened during V1).
I’m writing about my own 1st hand experience
The game was sold as ready, but it wasn’t. Still after few months I bought the collector edition :smiley:
There was a published road map (original roadmap) , that has been disattended. Now there is a funny ironic defeat animation :smiley: (current roadmap page)

The collector edition:

• green skins, ok
  • complete game, ok
  • official soundtrack, ok
  • wallpapers, don’t know where to look for
  • portrait frame, probably ok, i don’t know which one is the one
  • digital maps, don’t know where to look for
  • keep decorations, something now it’s hanging, since halloween, but probably it was the sigmar statue
  • heroic deed, I don’t know which one is the one

Still the keep frames are empty. But I’m not sure about what is going on about these, I think I read somewhere that during the beta the frames were working, but bugged.
XB1 version was out in beta at the end of June and out on August, some of us got the impression that this left the PC vv struggle.
Long FS PC version silence because summer vacation time.
Multiple times, same reported bugs kept appearing through different updates. Just check the forum history.
Information spread, FS was (is?) active on different media in a different level, so same info were not published on all the media.
The trophy room came around halloween, maybe I’m wrong.
We were proposed (had in my opinion) to debug the game during the bogendlc and the weapons “equalization” without any appreciation gift. (Truth is it was my own choice, so probably I didn’t have expect something)
Bogendlc came with some interesting maps (2) and shocking recolors sold as new cosmetics.
There was the green/blu material problem, that was completely overlook by the devs. Now it’s possible to convert the different dusts.
And the random thing. I have 872 hours, mostly playing dwarves, and I still miss cosmetics, mostly the ones related to my most used weapons, probably it’s bad luck or maybe is the way the random thing is managed. Somewhere I read about IA/machine learning, anyway I cannot really appreciate the results.
And this is just about the things I remember, and I have a bad memory.
So, I seriously like the game, more than any other one installed.
In the past months I had time to spend on this, and I did it enjoying it, so costs wise, it was well spent money. But I’ll wait before spending more money on this game, enough of being a paying beta tester.
Once Cyberpunk will be out I’ll go to be a paying beta tester there :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry, but this the disadvantage of using one of the most known, deep and wide background setup.
GW was called out for being a company tending more to the money making than nurture the fan base :smiley: (but fan still went on buying anything, me too :expressionless: )
Using GW assets is not simple, you can reach a huge fan base without having to care too much for marketing your product because the background part is already explained and well accepted, but you are also risking a lot, because fanboys can be so bad…

I’d really like to know how many of the players have asked for this DLC. I mean, if you as a developer say something like “Here it is because you asked for it”, what’s happening with other things that we are asking for, and more importantly, why have you decided to cherry pick this request over something else? Was it easier? Was it faster? Did you just like it more then other ideas/requests?

If you really followed “our” wishes, can you please create a poll next time? Make it a part of the game itself so that all the players can vote.

I understand the Skaven eyes part, but I don’t understand what are you trying to say about the skins. It’s not like Fat Shark would like to introduce Quake 3 skins into Vermintide. They could just use the existing ideas and concepts without breaking the lore. For example:

kotbs-look-03

89bb6837deecff7eb37b991c05ea7b7babda648c_1_387x499

8e36fe2a4298071d02d5ac43e4f61178f1a69518_1_318x500

81aceb50d54935e40fba3a8c27b31ef40bced200_1_482x500

5e30378a993aea71de00783e4fe923bc944d87b3_1_437x500

6 Likes

aaaaah this is a nostalgia operation :smile:

It is not! :blush:

Jokes aside, IMO, concept art from Warhammer Online is one of the best Warhammer concept arts.

2 Likes

GW is a very greedy company fat shark may want to implement the outfite like the ones you posted and GW says only if you put a price tag on it (since gw gets a cut) FS may not want to incoporate microtransactions into there game, my point being GW since they own the world lore characters basicly everything nothing can get done with out there say so and FS have already stated a few times that some of there ideas they wanted got shut down by them

There’s been a new post on the forums at least once a week, since forever, asking for V1 maps in V2. Seriously the most common repost I’ve seen on here since launch.

2 Likes

More common than new skins or new new maps?

I personally will take 2 Ubersreik maps over 1 new new map. Maybe even 1 Ubersreik map over 1 new new map, who knows. The old maps had an awesome atmosphere.

1 Like

Yes. By a long ways.

1 Like

December arrives this Saturday, I wonder when we will have new information about the DLC.

1 Like

They are too much busy thinking in new hats…