Vermintide 2 - 'Back to Ubersreik' DLC Announcement

7 Likes

It’s called having standards and setting precedents. Nobody in here is going to go broke over having to buy this DLC (I mean why would I even buy it, I haven’t bought SoB and I’ve played more Blightreaper than I have Skittergate). It’s about the message we’re being sent and how we’re receiving it.

Right now there’s every reason to be very skeptical as to whether the Shatfark we’re dealing with in 2018 is capable of providing a good enough spin on these 3 maps to make them worth this money. Don’t get me started on the side content. We’re almost certainly not getting weapons (they indicated those would come in free updates). Cosmetics are historically absolutely horrible and are distributed in abysmal ways. Events boil down to play X amount of quickplay for a portrait frame you’ll equip to cope with the sunken cost fallacy.

$10 is what amazing packages like Karak Azgaraz used to be like, if I remember correctly. If this is worse in quality - like SoB was, overall - and we accept it, then fatfish will see it as a reason to not hold themselves to higher standards they once set for themselves. I mean, it’s naive to expect them to screw their heads back on after all the awful decisions surrounding V2, but this’d just be another notch against them.

The bodies we see on these screenshots: http://www.vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/VT2-BtU_combat-screenshot_01.png ; http://www.vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/VT2-BtU_screenshot-07.png are in identical positions to V1 if my memory is correct. Admittedly, it might not be, I haven’t touched the first game since February (I know it’d be too sad to come back to it and see how mind-bogglingly more polished the graphics and the VO were).

8 Likes

I have to admit, I am by many spades, much more forgiving of small developer houses like Fatshark because its so hard for them to make EVERYONE happy.

I am a long time Diablo player, and although thats a different topic altogether, Blizzard announced my favorite IP is going to Mobile. A mobile game, dude. A shitty, outsourced, probably will be microtransaction laden crappy mobile game. With the Diablo name trademarked on it. Thats what I get from such a respectable gaming developer as Blizzard was (has been…)

I have seen too many of my favorite IPs get thrown into the trashcan.

These guys, Fatshark, overall, have done some decent things with Vermintide. Its an enjoyable action game, and I play it for the sake of playing it. I don’t play anymore for cosmetics. I don’t play for loot.
I have all the best items I could have ever wanted for most characters now.

Anyways, I guess I am saying my standards are not as high, man. As I see alot of favorite Game developers just go the way into the Dark side (EA, Blizzard, etc) I think its fair to at least support those smaller developers, that are still giving me something DECENT. Thats all man. The developers I saw as gods, well: all they have done is slap me in the face repeatedly and they don’t seem to want to stop.

8 Likes

This should be free for the owners of the first game.

13 Likes

Good eye on the bodies, hadn’t noticed them. Well, it’d actually make sense if they’re still in the same spots, even if they should probably be skeletons - though, really, if we wanna get accurate to lore, there shouldn’t be ANY bodies, should there? The Skaven would have devoured them all. So it’s a concession I don’t mind to make the maps feel like they’ve been lived in.

This is my take on V2. It’s up there with the most addictive games I’ve ever played. I’m even willing to say I like it more than L4D/L4D2. I find it worth some money to have new areas to smash ratmen in. It helps break up any monotony.
And possibly an unpopular opinion: I really like the SOB levels. I was one of the people asking for more dark areas like in the mine level, and we sure got it.
I also like that they’re longer.

Long story short, we all have different standards and preferences as to what’s worth what. The mobile game market makes staggering amounts of money, yet many of us can’t understand why people would spend money on what we see as garbage.

The same idea shows why we will never see a weapon system balance that will satisfy everyone. Someone is always going to complain that something is too weak or strong.

8 Likes

Lol thing is theres no hook, or anything, that I play for. Just repeatedly see how I can overcome the RnG. Just testing the limits of my skill, test to see, can I be better at this?

Its literally a different game every time the maps generated …Sometimes its ridiculous, but wonder if I could have truly played the scenario a little different maybe would not have wiped. I cant tell you why I play it, but I play V2 as well regularly, frustrations and all. It really is a very good game despite it arguably being not superbly balanced or whatever.

I enjoy whats been done with it. And if I enjoy playing for nothing, why argue with that! We all played Doom way back in the day for nothing too. Cant tell you how many times I fired up Doom games just for the sake of killing demons in style. Well this is far less predictable, its literally a different set of circumstances every single time in every map. I guess maybe thats part of the fun too

4 Likes

This is why I like playing with Bots with the goal of making it to the end with all of them alive and all the books. Sure, the help in some way, but it greatly puts the pressure on me to be the one performing. I also do Deeds with them for the same reason.
I’ll beat my head against a single run over 50 times to complete it.
Why? Probably because I love that feeling of getting better and eventually overcoming. Unfortunately, a group of players doesn’t provide such a challenge.

So I play with bots to have fun; I play with players to finish fast and farm loot.

I play a legit ton of quickplay pretty much all the time, and its really something to see everyones playstyle come out. And try to work with them. Some groups work, most groups do not. Some instantly develop into a quirky brotherhood like thing, and those moments are still fun. Some groups are outstanding and everyones ridiculously good. Some, man you wonder if they ever picked up the game at all LOL
To me, thats also part of the fun. I run only Legend. Legend with bots, is VERY VERY HARD. Call it skill or whatever, but its pretty difficult! I have more fun trying to carry weaker groups than playing by myself with Bots. Some people just don’t have the skill level there yet to conquer legend consistently but tell yourself man that ITS OKAY. They can’t get better without taking some hard lessons and embarrassingly going down twice or three times. No shame in that. I sometimes, too, even forget sometimes to look behind me and get caught by some stray fools from a horde that down me because I didn’t look behind, or assumed I was covered by someone one second before but they fell down or something or moved. Its really easy to make a less than 1 second mistake in the game and the punishment is brutal. Being a good player, you should be more forgiving to your peers, not ostracize them for trying their best. I don’t think they like to die on purpose!
Like theres people that instantly leave when they go down, some toxic people, regular nonsense. But its still all fun. I just don’t take it very seriously anymore. Like I said, I don’t play for any reason other than gameplay. And deeds! Wish more people enjoyed the Deeds!

7 Likes

What I meant was most groups don’t provide such a challenge because they breeze through with ease and haste.
I’d love to come across a group that needs a big brother, but I always seem to find the experienced ones.

Anyhow, we’re starting to drift off topic.

Back to Ubersriek. (Double pun. Thank you. Thank you.)

1 Like

I wonder, will FS ever fix the scoreboard, it’s prety messed up for anyone exept host since Bogenhafen beta…

7 Likes

ok god please no , not horn of malgus again . for those of us that had seen enough of vermintide 1 and have no desire to go back please put in an opt out option.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the mods though, that break it?

I played prety long time w/o any mods on Bogenhafen beta and at the beginning of current BBB, and this client-side bug is reproducing constantly. Kinda 400 kills 50 of them elites and 1000-1500 damage done sounds prety wierd, as well as 5k damage overall done by the whole party. So I’m doubt that it’s a mod-related issue.

FS, I want to support you so you continue to improve and expand this game because this is a great game. That said, if you want my money you’re gonna have to do better than the bog dlc. Purple glow locked behind an RNG grind for a third of the cost of the base game isn’t gonna cut it this time.

8 Likes

Well maybe you should! I play V1 with some friends every few weeks and I can say that vermintide 2 is far more polished. Graphics, sound, immersive ness, combat feel… I don’t see any aspect where vermintide 1 is better.

I keep seeing people say thing like that, and it makes me wonder wtf they’re smoking.

1 Like

Sweet, stoked to play this dlc. I know a lot of people like to complain about SoB but I for one really enjoy it. I like that I’m still getting more cosmetics from it weeks later, getting a few per week feels nice.

Either way adding more levels to the QP queue is always worth it to me.

2 Likes

Looking forward of what’s hiding behind this teaser :stuck_out_tongue:

A quick question to @Fatshark_Hedge: will the Big Balance Beta finish and go live before the DLC releases or do you plan to release the two together?

People

It’s a teaser.
There will be “announcement” with further informations later on. As always.
Don’t expect to get any detail until then.

1 Like