V2 killing my PC

Issue Description:
At random points, just managed to get to lobby, and it shuts my PC down. Kills everything.

console-2023-06-02-21.28.00-3ed19be3-45bc-4a0b-9e6e-c7ffa56e8d08.log (178.8 KB)

user_settings.config (59.4 KB)

The game doesn’t popup the crash window- it KILLS my pc… all my work and software shuts off… HARD RESETS ITSELF… not when playing any other game but V2. Darktide doesn’t do this.

Pardon me, i couldnt resist but…the fact that you can run darktide but this occurs with Vt2 is honestly quite amazing in a way :sweat_smile:

Spaghetti code or janked up settings? Hopefully a shark can tell.

I had something like this. Updating my BIOS solved it for me.

Usually a PC shutting down sounds more like something is tripping a safety feature to prevent hardware failure, like a junction temperature on your GPU or CPU is reaching max and shutting down.
Could also be multiple things, because I know Darktide can hammer your GPU rather easily, but CPU goes underutilized at times, and VT2 can often have you limited by your CPU before the GPU since its older and more optimized, so the GPU can ramp up to as much as your CPU can handle.

Monitor temps and limit FPS, this way you can decrease power usage and keep temps lower, then slowly remove the caps to see whats getting stressed.

Or it could all be a software bug with your specific configuration or the game just doesnt like your system, many possiblities that could take days to diagnose.

Good suggestion above. I recommend monitoring your temps while playing.

You may find potential solutions here helpful too:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.