Hey folks, I’m in need of help.
I recently partially upgraded my computer, and all things went south when it comes to VT2. Here are the components involved :
- CPU : Xeon 1245-v2 => Ryzen 7 5800X (default settings)
- Ram : DDR3 => DDR4 3600 MHz (out of the box DOCP profile)
- GPU : No change same old GTX 980ti
When I launch the game, I can run around the keep for 20s to 5 minutes, then at some point, the computer just shuts down and restarts.
I’m experiencing this only with VT2. No problems with League of Legends, Among us or The Witcher 3.
I also ran a stress test with OCCT and Furmark at the same time during one hour. No crashes / issues to report.
Here is what I tried so far, without any success :
- Reinstall the nvidia drivers
- Reinstall the game on two different drives (Sata SSD and NVMe SSD)
- Reinstall Windows alltogether with all the necessary drivers
- Reduce the number of worker threads to 10 / 8 / 6 and 4
Needless to say I’m getting stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks a bunch