Unopitimized Mess

Constant frame dips and stuttering during cutscenes and gameplay. You guys have done nothing to optimize this game from beta. Star Citizen which is a bigger game in comparison can run at a constant 60fps with minor dips and stutters and unoptimized. I may very well refund this game and not recommend it to my PC friends. This is absolutely unacceptable.

9 Likes

Not including your hardware specs isn’t helpful, nor is comparing this game to an unreleased and possibly vaporware title.

1 Like

Wow, fantastic feedback.

You are not wrong, but you should provide more information.

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter his specs. It’s a widespread topic, discord seems to be overflowing with people with high end pc barely getting 60 fps.

I’ve a brand new pc with R7 5800H and a 3070Ti, rest as a regular gaming pc (16gb ram, nvme ssd, etc etc) and with medium settings I barely scratch 50 fps.

I mean, the visual are fantastic but there is something terribly wrong with the optimization of either the logic or assets. This game shouldn’t be this heavy, not even close.

1 Like

Terrible performance for sure.

It does seem to be unoptimized to me. Even on lowest settings, my PC is having trouble (and I run Vermintide 2 on mixed medium/high settings). I also want to request proper graphics settings. I can’t control much beyond sharpening/anti-aliasing and lighting. I tend to play games with lower texture quality and higher lighting quality, but that’s not an option for me here.

3 Likes

Mass refunds?

2 Likes

That’d be a little extreme. It’s still technically a beta. Will they be able to fix a lot of these problems before launch? That’d be a good question.

The released system requirements detail their expected FPS across a range a setups. The expected FPS are just low across the board.
https://www.playdarktide.com/news/dev-blog-performance

I was pulling an inconsistent 65-70 FPS on (1) a Ryzen 5900X and (2) Nvidia 3080 with DLSS set to Performance and RT set to low – inconsistent because I experienced frame drops pretty often according to telemetry. I don’t consider 60-70 FPS, setting frame drops aside, to be acceptable performance for this hardware and at these settings. The same hardware and similar settings in release Cyberpunk 2077 netted 100-120 consistently (+40% relative FPS), and that game wasn’t exactly considered optimized.

5 Likes

At this rate, this will be the new “But can it run Crysis?” benchmark game. You basically need a 13900k and 4090 to play the game the way the artists intended while having a higher than 60fps experience.

I will just refund it if this game does run better on November 30th, it runs unacceptably bad. I am not going to bother playing it for now.

3 Likes

The game comes out in two weeks. If it’s this bad now, I don’t expect it to improve that much. I’m not sure what they were even doing with the data they supposedly gathered. It actually seems worse at times.

5 Likes

Been playing the full game for a little while now. It’s actually much better, but I still get a persistent problem with long loading screens and disconnects.