Unable to refine curio from Melk - Unable to perform operation error

Issue Description:
I purchased a Curio from Melk, and I am unable to refine one of the perks. I have tried to restart the game, still will not let me refine it. It gives me an error: Unable to Perform Operation

Steps to Reproduce:
Not sure if it’s reproducible… but, buy curio from Melk, try to refine it

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Steam ID 76561197999175344]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/27/2022, 2:32PM] [PST]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-27-22.22.01-3911f641-84f4-43e6-af61-5622a80e5f4e.log (166.0 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (899.9 KB)

The game detected that you almost had a chance at a semi perfect orange item and swiftly shut it down. Crisis averted!

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for your report. Are you still having this issue? Have you noticed this issue with any other curio?

Hi there
Yes this curio is still bugged - I cannot refine it.

I can refine other curios that I bought in the shop just fine. I’m not sure about other curios from Melk - I don’t see one from him that I want and don’t want to spend more of his currency just to test this.

I had an simliar issue with mine. Attempted to roll ordo dockets to something else and i got the same error message.

Funnily enough i did 1 run after that and tought i might try again later and for some reason it allowed me to do it afterwards. I certainly was not lacking crafting materials either so some sort of server derp was clearly going on.

If it helps it was curio i got from melks shop.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll give that a shot later today and see if that fixes it.

Might be irrelevant but i was also using the said curio in that run so make sure you equip it.

1 Like

Hey, sorry for the delayed update

Just wanted to say that @hgjw 's solution worked for me. It wouldn’t let me tinker with the curio, but after I went on a mission with it, it let me refine it. So there appears to be a bug with not being able to refine a Melk curio unless you run it on a mission since we both had the exact same thing happen.

1 Like

Adding to this I’ve had the same problem and it seems to be related to the fact you have just enough and a few extra crafting mats.

OP has 28 and needs 25 to craft it will fail all the time, it works after another run because you gain more materials.

I had the same issue running low on plasteel, crafted 4 perks and got low on plasteel, but enough to craft and it wouldn’t work anymore.

So it seems somehow the craft thinks it needs more materials than you actually have.

2 Likes

It is possible, however I personally had over 500 plasteel and closer to 3k diamantite when i was trying to change the perk.
Whatever the case, it seems to only happen with melks curios.

1 Like

i have this issue as well, can’t refine orange curio