Tweaks to Legendary

Right now, legendary is a very strange difficulty. It’s either a carbon copy of champion, or a nightmarish hellscape, depending on your luck with RNG. Based only on personal experience, and the experience of friends, i’ve found that legend runs can be loosely grouped into two categories.

A) A careful, but uneventful dungeon crawl, with the occasional hoard, and a tough but doable boss.
Basically champion with harder hitting mobs.

B) A careful, but uneventful dungeon crawl, with the occasiona-HOLY JESUS SIX CHAOS WARRIORS JUST INSTA-GIBBED THE DWARF! WARPFIRE EVERYWHERE! IS THAT A FOURTH GUTTER RUNNER!? I’VE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH BLOOD!!!
Basically champion, but you die horribly.

Now, there is a wonderful middle ground between these two where legend is a brutal struggle through blood and tears that you barely make it out of alive. But these gems are few and far between. What i’d like to see is a more consistent ride.

-Easy things, like hoards and ambient infantry, would ideally be given more health, so everyone gets a crack at them cough sienna cough, and with a handful of storm vermin, or a single chaos warrior thrown into the mix.

-Special spawns should remain as is except for event bosses, where their spawn rate should be reduced.

-Armored packs could remain, but without other events spawning on top of them. Five chaos warriors is a fun challenge, provided you’re not also drowning in rats or troll vomit.

-Random Bosses should get less supporting characters. Boss + hoard = fine. Boss + special pack = doable. Boss + Patrol = ehhhhhhhh rather not but prolly could. Boss + Hoard + special pack + patrol = think i’ll just sell my soul to Tzeentch and join em.

1 Like

There will always be a random factor in spawns and it will cause wipes, but yes most suggestions are good.
Common enemies in swarms need more health.
Less Shield Vermin. They can be Stormvermin, but more than 5 Shield Vermin can easily build an impenetrable wall of shields, especially in combination with other enemies.
Specials are generally not a problem, even during boss encounters, but disabling specials are. The same thing from Shield Vermin applies here. A lot of them can easily stop the group with brute force. 3 Gutter Runners jumping slightly delayed can not be dodged, especialy when fighting a lot of other things.