Treacherous Adventure needs a rebalance

There’s already a thread complaining about Tower of Treachery, but honestly Trail of Treachery is horrible too, just not as bad. Same kind of finale, same kind of problem. The whole DLC just plays horribly and is an unfun difficulty spike compared to the rest of the game.

1 Like

Personally I think the mission is fine, but the healing spawn is weird. I found 2~3 healing items before arriving at the shack, but this amount of healing is not enough when playing with bots. With players? Maybe, but not with bots.

I have a huge issue with both Trail of Treachery and Tower of Treachery. And its one thing: horrible visibility, enemies blending in with environment into one indistinct sludge with a pale blue filter - at both final events on each of those maps. I understand they want to show these places under magical effects, but why it has to be so bleak and devoid of colour.

The rotating hurt zone in tower final event isnt clearly visualized, while it hurts you through walls.

I thought end event on Convocation of decay was hard to see around, but this feels worse.

Bad enemy visibility is also present throughout Trail of Treachery because rats have different skins with snow on them (same with Karak Azgarath maps), and the map is open so visibility is more important (on closed narrow maps even if its hard to see, you just bash through).

The rats on snow background look bad in general, maybe this is in part because i have upped the gamma (to 3.0) so that its bearable to fight enemies in all other maps, or maybe its low graphics setting. But here it looks like unnatural bright snow with enemies that are still indistinct.

In general, this is an unfortunate consequence of realistic graphics. The limited color palette and enemies that dont stand out enough, and man i want them to be more visible not just for my combat effectiveness (better gameplay), but also to appreciate their visual design more, and scenery to be more vibrant. Its something that i started appreciating after playing some stylized or low fidelity games, some older, some new. Not only their graphics stand the test of time, its also nice that during fast paced action, you just see better and enemies are like blocks in a puzzle that easily fall into place, not at all like some realistic looking shooters, where it often ends up being pixel hunting and straining at the monitor.

1 Like