Feedback on the new maps

I started playing Vermintide 2 last November and I’m playing mostly on legend.
The map design of the new maps is really awesome and I really want to like them but the inconsistency in difficulty compared to the other maps really makes me hate them. If I wanted to increase the difficulty I would play on kata or a modded difficulty which is doable but I don’t have fun being stressed out by a game. And that is exactly what the new maps are doing. The maps are a constant stream of elite spam with end events most random legend groups fail to beat. For example mission of mercy: Don’t have a mace or other means to easily break shields? Well tough luck handling 10-20 stormvermin with shields and 2 handful of plaguerats as cherry on top. Or take both treacery maps. Most groups will get to the end event and then go down immediately. That is just not fun. On the contrary it makes me quit the game.
And before someone tells me to get good: I have beat most of the new maps on kata and got most of the achievements for the maps.
Also quickplay seems to prefer the new maps over the others which just adds to the level of frustration. I got the tower 3 times in a row a few days ago at which point I just pressed alt f4 and opened another game. The group of friends I play with feels the same.

Ah hello and welcome to the Forums! (fora?)

Couple of things. Shieldvermin spam is not much fun at all I agree, and to me seems to unneccessarily extend the mid-event turning the wheels, Id much rather have some kind of environmental hazrd such as steam blasts shooting across the area or something.

Treachery maps are just a bit too long for me tbh, with the end event with the barrels being tough enough without the homing skulls ruining things too.

I think what you’re talking about it the general power creep of having loads of DLC careers and weapons released that means there’s got to be a power creep in the end events to compensate. I agree a lot of it is quite annoying - especially where its virtually designed as a damage-sponge-simulator.

On a side note, I think the algorhythm for Quick Play is slightly weighted in favour of maps you’ve failed on, so objviously if you keep failing maps they appear a bit more often.

1 Like

I see but then they should increase the difficulty for the Helmgard maps too or add another difficulty level so the maps are in line imo.

That weighting for quickplay sucks because it just means you get the maps you dont like more often.