Need to have map selection and difficulty like vermintide 2

hi, great game really , but it feels so limited in many ways , for instance we need to be able to select any maps and difficulty that we want at any given time just like in vermintide 2 , why change a winning method , you could leave the random maps with ‘’ special effects’’ like more hounds and such , regarding that topic , doing a map with special events like hounds or low/high enemy population gives no extra reward , it would be nice to have something like a guaranteed weapon drop for example , its minimum quality would be reflected by the map’s difficulty .But seriously , bring back the custom map selection

17 Likes

All players want the same thing i don’t understand why it’s not in the game since its release.

2 Likes

I don’t hate the idea of the current scheme, though I definitely wish there was more variety and control. Having like 2 maps available for any given difficulty for hours at a time is mind numbing.

2 Likes

+1
My friend and I are mostly playing VT2 because of this. One of us will load in, see if there’s a map that we haven’t been forced to play 3,000 times at a difficulty we want. If there is, we’ll play, and see what’s available next. Something good? We’ll roll it. No? Back to VT2.

This isn’t a fun loop. It artificially creates scarcity of the content that we paid for and makes things super repetitive and unfun.

5 Likes

something also very annoying is players lvl3 to 6 trying to get into tier 3 or 4 difficulty and completely destroy the past 25 to 30 minutes spent in , just wasting your time , if its only you , them and 2 bots you can’t kick them but they wont do enough dmg , will take too much dmg as well and will be useless usually running everywhere , they should also ‘‘block’’ people from queuing on a lvl based tier , tier 1 difficulty should be 1 to 10 for example , tier 2 : 10 to 15 , 3 :15 to 25 or something like that , its extremely frustrating

2 Likes

This is the biggest thing holding the game back, with the abhorrent crafting being the second biggest flaw. These two issues get fixed and I’ll readily recommend the game to newbies.

3 Likes

Especially if you are unfortunate to get a weekly where you have to play a certain mission with secondary objectives. It’s just awful!

Agreed with many here, as part of the daily experience, its by far the worst system we’re interacting with that makes the game worse.

Have a weekly from melk that needs grims? Yup, not a single mission on any difficulty with grims, lets wait for a few to roll over. 30 minutes passes, still no missions with grims, I guess I just log out and do something else?

Need a Damnation Disruption for that last penance? Yup, there aren’t any, at all, for HOURS on end.

At a surface level someone just playing 1-30 and quitting probably wouldn’t have issues with it, but those sticking around for that “games as a service” experience are having a horrible time because of it. I have a lot of complaints about various parts of how Darktide launched and the state its currently in and the design decisions that lead to this state of the game… but nothing makes me quite as frustrated as the mission selection screen.

Also, I had NO IDEA there were 13 missions in the game. The mission selection screen makes it feel way smaller and devoid of content than the game technically is.

Cropped quote for emphasis, but locking players to only difficulty 1 for the first 10 levels, or at all seems extreme.

Malice is fine at level 1 too if everyone knows what they’re doing, but I’d concede that this should be a premade group of friends option, and not just let inexperienced players go and make other inexperienced players’ lives more miserable.

I’d agree with you on access to herasy+, always frustrating to feel like the game is just way harder than normal on this run, then you wipe and on the end screen none of your team are over level 15 and you realise why it felt harder than if you were just running solo with 3 bots (despite bots afaik being technically level 1).

If you forgot to offer your first born to Ranald, you might have one mission available for 90+ minutes.

FS read all the “we don’t like getting fed the same map the whole evening when choosing Quickplay. Please change the algorithm.” posts in this forum and went “Oh! So you would like to be forced to play the same map for the whole evening! Okay Boss!”

I knew it would run into icky situation without a modded Realm. Stuff like the weapon rng, crafting, and map selection would have been a day 1 fix. Now we move forward in FS speed.

People had no idea what they were asking for when they screamed for centralised hosting.

Yeah, I can see a lot of perks, especially if the host game dies. But this is not what I wanted them to do! At this moment I would even be fine with even having a system where it costs ordos to reroll pick a map and pick conditions from a list for a price. But we all know that it won’t happen, and if they did something like that it would most likely be yet another RNG system where you roll one map at a time and all conditions are rolled randomly. I have no idea why this company is so god damn in love with RNG systems, but whoever at Fatshark who keeps coming up with these systems should stop working with games, or just move to a mobile gacha game company, he would be seen as a god there.

Quick way to absolutely help kill the game for anybody who has played VT2 or who makes multiple characters.

If you think people can’t contribute on lower level characters then you’re simply wrong. Full stop. This idea that you need to be level 20+ to even do malice needs to die in the gutter like the terrible thing it is.

1 Like

I remember in V1 when I saw players saying that Nightmare was impossible without the correct weapons and our group just equipped white weapons and trinkets without any bonuses (because I think you didn’t have the option to unequip them entirely but I would be wrong) and we cleared the entire game with level 1 weapons. As long as you understand the game, the items for the most part become irrelevant, sure they help A LOT, but you can still clear levels without them, and Malice is really, REALLY not that hard in this game so yeah.

What I would want the community to think about is HOW do you make the difficulty more fun and engaging? Is it just the reward that’s important? Is a scaling difficulty good enough, where rank 1 is 75% of health and damage, rank 2 is 100%, 3 is 125%, and so on? How do you actually make the game feel harder but not punishing, as it does now? I mean in Darktide it’s pointless to go for harder difficulty since the reward is 0 compared to a rank 1 mission. Sure the fulfillment for completing something hard is nice, but you actually have to give me SOMETHING for doing it.

I don’t have the answers, and clearly, Fatshark doesn’t either.

1 Like