Trapper might need some fixin'

Trapper posted up on the stairs and got me through the chainlink fence/ wall. I’m guessing since it stood so close, the gun glitched through and bypassed the barrier to hit me with the net.

1 Like

Trappers doing trapper things. Wrong section BTW. Should submit to Bugs

2 Likes

it’s a fence, not a wall. shots go through that. the net counts as a bullet.

2 Likes

Nah, it could have been 3 feet back from that chainlink fencing and still netted you. That’s just how they currently function.

There’s a thread https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/please-fix-trappers/

4 Likes

Well according to the other comments its not a bug, it just cleared up confusion for me as to why it happened; so its in the right place. I’m new to this game, only two months in. Still don’t understand why half the stuff thats in the game was coded the way it was. Hell my system crashes everytime an ogryn uses big box of hurt

1 Like

That’s because he’s actually throwing your computer at the enemy.

3 Likes

no they didnt

i told fs this 2 times since beta so dont get your hopes up

1 Like

welcome to fs coding

1 Like

Honestly just have trappers get staggered easier on melee. It’s great watching one shrug off the first blow in 2/10 of a second and net me instantly after.

1 Like

Had nets go through huge cast iron pipes, boxes. You name it. Yet my rocks have gotten stopped by railings, a can of coffee etc. But fs have always made one way walls. Where enemies have carte blanche and we get hard blocked.

1 Like

Just had another instance of the trapper hitting me with some bs an hr ago. Ran by a spawn door on the new map, trapper hit me with the net through a closed door. My team all typed in chat variations of “Wtf was that?” :joy:

Naw mate it is a BUG. I do not care if it has always been that way, ain’t no way a net goes through a fence. Don’t listen to them. Fill out the bug report.

Nets going through fences is bad design (both mechanically and visually/UX) as nets are mechanically a bullet but visually much bigger than that. Going through walls or solid objects is a grade baloney bug or server issue.

1 Like

Those “fences” as far as I’m aware are supposed to be coded as “walls” as far as trapper AI is concerned. I’ve never seen one shoot through them until watching that clip. Seen them stand a bit higher up and shoot over the fence plenty of times though.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.