This is not a comprehensive rework, just some of my (edit: and now other’s) ideas.
- Swift Slaying – Reduced to 15%. This is still a lot, still good and fun feeling.
- Off Balance – Now you deal 20% more damage to enemies that are attacking (stacks).
- Parry – Additional effect of parrying increasing your attack speed by 25% for 3 seconds.
- Healer’s Touch – Healing items no longer heal you immediately, but over time and heal for 25% more total health than normal.
- Home Brewer – You can use a potion twice but the duration of each use is reduced by 50%. Credit to @hgjw for the idea found here.
- Grenadier – Your bomb has a second delayed smaller explosion. There would be a UI indicator for the 2nd explosion where the bomb landed so other players could see it.
- Push/Block Angle – Now additionally affects push radius.
- Damage reduction vs – Replaced by 15% dodge range as it’s just health in another form.
- Movement Speed – Increased to 7.5%.
- Revive Speed & Respawn Speed – Merged with each other.
- Crit Power – Increases total damage instead of scaling off of crit modifier. Affects stagger.
Talent Change — Riposte
“Blocking just as an enemy attack is about to hit costs no stamina and for the next 3 seconds causes your pushes and attacks to flinch elites and your next attack to be a critical hit.”
Parrying not costing stamina makes Riposte better on non-Rapier weapons, which is needed as it’s currently dangerous on other ones.
Flinching makes it so that the WHC can land more risky ripostes, (as otherwise they’d simply get hit for trying) makes Riposte less reliant on attack speed stacking, and makes actually landing ripostes more reliable (the flinch animation keeps an elite in place, while the normal recoil animation that they do after hitting the player’s block sends them back too far a lot of the time for the riposte to reach them).
This flinching would stagger elites out of non-overhead/non-berserker flurry attacks. Increasing the timer to 3 seconds makes it reasonable for low attack speed builds to land ripostes.
Once the crit has been used (when it hits something, pushes/misses don’t use up Riposte) or when the 3s timer runs out, pushes and attacks stop flinching elites. It could be made so that the flinch effect persists for the full 3 seconds even if the crit is used, any thoughts on this?
This gives Riposte a unique identity as a mixed defense and offense talent that enables WHC to frontline against mixed threats at the cost of a high skill floor and ceiling and less raw dps than the other options. This would not necessarily make Riposte competitive as a dps talent, but as a fun, rewarding talent which is the more important aspect.
Bonus idea: Add a secret synergy where if using both the Parry trait on your weapon and the Riposte talent, it lets you parry boss overheads.