Thoughts after Ventilation Purge

It needs some more work if it’s going be a good addition.
The most annoying thing is that while you can’t see enemies they have no problem spotting and engaging you from far away.
Happens a lot where you only see incoming tracers and get shot to bits but are unable to engage unless you have veteran with volley fire ready.

Other than that it’s decent.

4 Likes

Agree that was my thoights and concern exactly when starting a Mission with it.

Also agree its a cool addition for sure!

Enemies should not have better range than you do and are forced to go into melee more even if ranged units.
Its not really easier for players since they dont know whats in front and can stumble upon groups of Elites.
Yes its also kind a help for players but not really since said above. You aswell as the Enemies will be surprised at Close Range.

It will also help with taking the best weapons for the Job which are Close Range Weapons or melee in general to pick the right ones more or less. More Variety!

1 Like

The same is true for lights out condition. At very least their ranged fire should be far less accurate, nevermind aggro range.

1 Like

Patrols and spawns should have torches (the flaming kind) and flashlights in Ventilation Purge and Lights Out. It would enhance the atmosphere considerably if enemies were scrabbling in the dark to a degree too.

3 Likes

100% agree with that ! Dregs shooters should have flashlight activated everytime when in this conditions and make the green light on the Scab helmet more visible (let’s admit they can have night vision …)

In my opinion, “Ventilation Purge” is just a less fun “Lights Out!”.

They could make ventilation purge more unique by making the effect vary through the mission. Like most of the time the effect is just a minor fog, but then every couple minutes you hear a hissing noise that indicates a purge is going to happen and then it builds up to a thick mist that takes a few minutes to disperse again. Maybe spawn more Pox Bursters more often so you have to play by ear where the ticking noise is coming from before they get too close. Or take a page from Lights Out and have it spawn the Beast of Nurgle more frequently, like how Lights Out spawns the Daemonhost more often.

That sounds great but I think a mass mutant and burster spawn would be more fun when the fog fills the area.
Make it only happen at certain open set peices so they come from all direction instead of 8 down the same corridor.

I’ve run counterfire veteran on the last vent purge and based on my experience it seems that normal shooters do have a lower engagement range and firing range compared to normal maps.