Ventilation Purge is a massive difficulty hike on most maps

With the fog seemingly only affecting us, Ventilation Purge massively increases the difficulty because of ranged units, especially on higher difficulties where they spawn the particularly deadlier ones more often.
The low visibility hurts, as intended, but combined with the range limit on pinging an enemy makes it almost impossible to get rid of snipers, who hurt, a lot.
As it stands, running Ventilation Purge on any map that isn’t relatively cramped, is borderline impossible.

I’m an ogryn so I can actually manage quite well in these maps with the shield, but then I’m stuck doing nothing but blocking as my team tries their best to fire into the fog and hope they hit the sniper 80 yards away and ducking behind a crate.

6 Likes

Is this real? I played multiple Ventilation Purge maps and I was able to ping enemies from way in the fog just like normal maps.

The issue with all of these limited visibility modifiers is that the enemies aren’t affected. I mean I understand that the AI doesn’t actually look at a screen to determine if it can shoot, but they should do something to cut down its range a little on dark or foggy maps.

2 Likes

I am unclear if its either a range limit or some weird interaction with the fog, as it becomes impossible to ping enemies after a certain distance.

I’ve been able to ping into the fog to light up enemies I can’t see. Maybe there is a hidden mechanic in play that punishes wildly spamming it though that makes it not work if you push too often though.

Enemies should not be able to attack players from further than they can see. Period. Full Stop.

There’s no universe where that isn’t just mechanically infuriating, and not ‘interesting’ or ‘suspenseful’ as I’m sure it was pitched in some poorly argued meeting.

1 Like

There’s nothing like that, it’s just that the ping needs to be decently on-target, and you just can’t do that through thick fog.