This type of Elf

i just tried to lighten up the mood of someone who forces a stamp onto a single damn class. while you? youre not better. sourish and jaundiced guy. your comments are as garbage as your attitude.

it was ranger bardin actually.

I think any elf career can be played fairly independently from the team. I myself will if there is no immediate threat, usually to check loot spawns.
But you should not be picked off. If that happens its no ones else fault.

I also won’t return back or stick with people that stay in the same spot forever without a good reason. There are players that DO seem like they play for something like 100% clear and will try killing every single vermin. Patrols included.

Team wants to learn grimoire jump? fine. Not taking everything? fine. Check every nook and corner of the entire map? no way.

He writes like he’s 9 years old…

1 Like

I’ve played every class… and I’ve certainly seen “THAT ELF” and “THAT SLAYER”… but I’ve also seen a lot of such players playing other classes.

The most ironic thing is that when “THAT PLAYER” is playing a non-Elf class, and there is a wipe, for some reason, they always think that it’s entirely the Elf’s fault that the team wiped.

4 Likes

Faulting someone is the best indication of a bad player. At least until they enhance stats.

2 Likes

You could add archer/assassin style in Skyrim…

… and it would still be a circle.

Slayer Bardin really doesn’t have a choice though. He has to keep killing crap to keep himself alive :wink:

I main elf, but I aim to be very team focused, actually half the time I play handmaiden just to make sure they know I’m not an asshole lol. I do think I know the game pretty well by now, but that means I know not to run ahead or away from the group. I will, however take the grims and tomes, because I know I can handle it and try to let the other guys have the slots.

I’d never complain about anyone choosing not to take a grim, they know better than I do what they are capable of handling.

1 Like

Your list about sums up half the elf population.

I had exactly this type of dickhead just a few minutes ago. Runs ahead, calls the shots, criticises everyone. I did particularly well as salty, 2nd top of on most things, top on others, not that green circles are the be all and end all (except they are to elf players) and at the end of the Righteous Stand map I was sure he would try to land on the spike at the bottom so I deliberately did that and right enough he was there. I knocked him off and he proceeded to friendly fire me. Absolutely pathetic people. I was the kicked without a word back in the keep. Small minded, self righteous twats.

EDIT - Can we please get a special kick menu dedicated to just kicking elf players even if they are the host :smiley:

1 Like

That was clearly that elf player’s alt.

I’ve seen it with all sorts of players, I think it just stands out more with elf players thanks to Kerillian’s personality and voice lines.

This type of elf is pretty common from my experience. Sometimes I play elf just so I don’t have to deal with these people. Sometimes just because handmaiden is fun.

One night, my two friends that I commonly play with and I carried a different dead elf through champ runs 3 full runs in a row. Champ isn’t too hard so it was more funny than troublesome. I’ve also had a few elves that simply love to jump in front of shotguns. There is quite an overlap with these two types, though.

It does happen here and there with other classes, but exceptions only prove the rule. And, not all WS players do this. However, the distribution of this type of player certainly seems to heavily lean on waystalker from what I’ve seen.

It’s fun to have one of those Elf players when the other 3 are people who all know each other, and collectively decide to be passive aggressive and not revive the Elf after they’ve died. Ideally, a player shouldn’t be more detrimental to the group alive than dead, but some players really are.

lol this sorta playstyle is not only tied to the elf. generally players who have 0 awareness or don’t care about teamwork are gonna be pushing ahead, dropping down into new areas without waiting, generally just advancing without a care.

those are the players that trigger bosses, patrols, and get caught by specials while your whole party is behind trying to fend off a horde.

we call those players, “bad”

I had a run with a BH who faceplanted into stormvermin patrol (voluntarily) with his precious crossbow, get hit, type “heal me you moron” in chat, get hit again and die.

I had a run with a IB who forgot he switched from Pyro to IB, spent entire match trying to burn everything with Drakefire pistols, and feeding the Chaos Spawn.

I had a run with Sienna who knew beam staff is OP, but not how it works. She tried to use LMB to kill everything from the frontline, get downed, and raged when me (Kruber) and the Dwarf jumped in front of her during hordes, bored of picking her up all the time. Apparently, we were slowing her down.

I had a run with Kruber (FK) who used all the healing drops, because apparently, missing 5% health is unacceptable. When called out on it by a teammate he said that he is caring a grim and the rest of us should git gud, because we take too much damage. Ended up with the most damage taken.

I also had plenty of runs with competent Elf players who carried the team. For instance this one HM soloing a troll in Into the Nest, after the rest of us scrubs got owned by a runner & hookrat tag team.

Does my anecdotal evidence trump yours yet? This is why we can’t have nice things.

4 Likes

rofl this is funny

love the stories. keep em coming

1 Like

I did had a run on Athel Yenlui with a newcomer Bardin who asked if I knew books location cause the team didn’t.
I said Yes sure I’ll lead.
Sienna and Kruber proceed to stay with me and followed me when I said “Get back we need space” when a boss spawned
Bardin running alone, getting picked off (not even looking where were the tome, like I said “Tome is here” and he was like Whatever see you later)
At the second grim I had to tell them to come back because we missed the second grim (he wanted second grim so bad, even tho I died much) and he said “How ? Where is it, come show me” while I was WAITING them to come see the third button…

And guess what, at the end section, he jumped and started the horde while we were a bit far away. We had to cut a way to him, and died. Then he died.

He wasn’t that bad, he wasn’t the type who don’t care about mate. I was just new. Fatshark need to improve the tutorial to add more info about what is TEAMWORK.

PS : Funny thing here, I was the elf x)

“It hurt, alright?”