This Kind of Nonsense Needs to be Punished by the AI Director

20230728132621_1

Hourglass, Refinery, we all know what’s happening here, and in my experience this is the source of most if not all wipes I’ve had on this map. Yet people refuse to learn the lesson. Happens, every, single, time, and it grinds my gears.

Suggestion, for every 30 seconds someone stands within 1 to 2 meters from a spawn door, the chance for a burster spawn in that spot increases by 10 to 25%, capping out at 100%, with a cooldown of 10 seconds per burster.

Also, if a flamer spawns it can fire through the door if you’re in range. A more elegant way that this one could be done is adding a firing port hole on the door model, and whichever ranged enemy that’s nearest at the door opens the port hole and fires through it, grenadiers can roll grenades through it too.

4 Likes

It sounds like they are being punished.

4 Likes

That would only be the case if the offending behavior changed. As far as I’m aware, it hasn’t, so folks keep acting like lemmings. Therefore barbs need to be attached to the whip.

1 Like

A much simpler solution is to just not be able to hit through doors. Or having enemies attack from more than one direction instead of just that center piece most of the time.

3 Likes

Agreed.

If you want to survive, the place to be is next to the medicae station. From there, most enemies comes from the front, and only rarely from the ceiling in the back, if at all.

2 Likes

It’s a turkey shoot. Really.

Honestly having given the issue more thought. Besides the spawn placement being the primary issue in this specific map, I think the bigger problem overall is with mobile objectives in combat arena sections. These are most frequently in my experience wipe city with newbs and pubs.

Besides this, I do still think that cheesing door spawns needs to be addressed as a separate issue from the above though.

Thoughts on the first one? I’d appreciate some input from those of you with 250+ hrs in play time. I think this one may warrant a separate post and thread though.

Cheesy, but no more so than the ai director spawning mobs behind you all the time.

They could fix both by applying a ‘2nd nearest’ spawn pt when players are near to one door, maybe solving both issues at the same time.

And obviously ymmv, but my experience on this map is that having that horde whittled by one or two players is generally very helpful to survival odds. Even if it’s a bit of a llama way to do it. I agree that I’d prefer a different approach though for this phase.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.