Sloppy Spawns

We all know what I’m talking about. You clear a small group of Poxwalkers, then spin around quickly to face the next wave of oncoming Scabs only to get hacked from behind by 4-5 mobs that weren’t there 1 second ago. Or a group of shooters spawns and a quick volley peels your Toughness to nothing before you even realize they’re behind you. Well last night it was so bad. Played a game on the Comms mission, it’s the one in the sunshine where you have to go turn off an evil radio signal. And I was a little bit behind the rest of the party clearing a small horde, I turn around as the other three are about to get to the door you have to group up to open. As I’m running to catch up to them a Rager POPs into existence and begins to wail on the Ogryn who hollers, “WTF?! Where did he come from?” I just shook my head cuz yeah, it was a perfectly clear room and yet POP and Rager. We get to the top floor and it’s time for the finale. And the Poxwalkers are rising up through the floor like Zombies rising from a swamp in some other game. And I wish I had been recording because I couldn’t help but watch for a second thinking about just how sloppy those spawn were. Just hordes of mobs appearing through the floor.

Hey Ghutts, sometimes 1 second is all it takes for them to reach your back. The best thing to do is position yourself differently so your back is protected by a wall or something. Whenever I’m fighting where this is not the case I’m swinging around to check my back in-between attacks. They improved the AI’s ability to scale railings and obstacles in Darktide from VT2 so it’s much easier for the heretics to find a way to backstab you.

1 Like

That’s just it, I have! I’ve been in the corner, with no doors or spawn points behind me. I clear the horde, I take two steps, SMACK! Hit from behind by a couple Walkers. HOW?!?! Where did they come from?! And it wasn’t once or twice it’s all the damn time. There’s no sense of “Ok I worked hard to clear the area now let’s move forward with relative safety from behind.” It’s spinning in circles making myself dizzy trying to ESP where the hell they might just pop in from.

1 Like

Always assume you’re going to get attacked from the back. This game has taught me this. It’s still stupid but yeah. Always assume Nurgle just used deepstrike to put an enemy behind you.

1 Like

It’s almost to the point where I’m gonna starting running missions facing backwards and backpedal my way through! lol

I totally agree. There should be no spawn in your line of sight. Yesterday I litteraly see several mobs spawning in front of me at 2 meters… That’s insane.

1 Like

Another problem with the enemies is they always use their running attacks and they are too fast to be Nurgle’s adepts. In particular poxwalkers shouldn’t run like Usain Bolt and you should sprint away from them.

1 Like

Ok that image made me chuckle. lol

1 Like

The door system and verticality results in mobs, using the magic door system to move/spawn behind you and often drop from the level above you. I don’t mind most of these situations…except specials such as pox bursters and disablers appearing through a near by door as you pass it and explode in your face with no warning. Some doors are in places you cannot avoid it, such as med stations or chokepoints. This is something which should be addressed as it breaks the whole “special just spawn audio warning system”.

1 Like