This is the official forum right?

WTF is the point of the forum then? Just make a discord ( AKA groomer and ban for no reason central ) and reddit which just gets bogged down by memes. If they get it before the forums then wtf is the point :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh boy. Another delay, and all but confirming it will just be hotfixes. No crafting. The whole team really is only working on console release at the moment. I really thought I was wrong, but the survey clearly was only to identify the major things they need to fix for console release - not what they need to fix for their existing customers as quickly as possible. This is starting to get properly absurd. Hell, not just another delay, but another message that basically says “Possibly maybe next week. Or later. Maybe. Perhaps never. We may or may not be working on something or nothing, which may or may not release, ever.”

5 Likes

We’re talking about a company that developed VT2-Versus (something absolute vast majority of their community told them was a bad idea, that nobody asked for it and that it would further split the community) to the point that they had a gameplay trailer, and then scrapped it because they figured out that it was a bad idea, that nobody asked for it and that game development is hard and immensely complex.

Did they actually officially announce the cancellation?

They said “next week™”, I say “this week” for changing my evaluation on steam from a thumb up to a thumb down…

2 Likes

Well, that’s why we are here, ain’t it?

1 Like

Not entirely true, I know at least 2 persons who were very interested in it, both of whom loved the versus mode in L4D2 (not my cup of tea at all). But I agree, I don’t think majority of the players wanted it.

I adore L4D’s versus, but I knew versus in VT2 would be crap because by that time I kinda knew FS’s style, so I too was saying it was a bad idea. Now I just want an official response about it, and not this shameful tragedy at family dinner treatment.

I believe they will be facing penalties for breaking their release schedule obligations such that they consider them to be more damage than just releasing whatever.

Aw man. Seeing users collect random posts from random places from official representatives in order to inform themselves on the game’s situation on the official forum for said company, is simply amazing.

6 Likes

At this point I wonder why do these boards even exist if no one is gonna actually engage with the users here. I get that when s**t hits the fan forums tend to turn to negative echo chambers, but not engaging with the users out of fear from their negativity is only gonna further push the negativity.

1 Like

Not sure if compliment or insult but im choosing compliment towards me because i need a boost today.

4 Likes

New condition incoming:

5 Likes

Maybe hotfix patch next week? Dont seem we will get a proper update in a while. Im looking at this as when they meant december for crafting, they probably meant 2023.

3 Likes

Cosmetic shop (im assuming cash shop) will be updated next friday.

3 Likes

They are still talking. They sure love to talk over there. Maybe talk before you release the game next time.

4 Likes

Repeating what Aqshy said multiple times, even as part of the last community update. She does seems to participate more tho so thats a start that I appreciate. Just wish she would participate in the forums instead of hiding.

4 Likes

IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4 Likes

they have been consistent:
nothing followed by more nothing
do you want a slice of silence with that?

2 Likes

Personally appreciate what you’re doing here. I’m old and don’t care to use Reddit or browse a Discord full of strangers tossing memes about, so this is actually very helpful for me, even if the posts from Fatshark themselves aren’t exactly astounding news.

Do apologize you have to do the CM’s job on the ‘official’ forums without the paycheck though.

8 Likes

Thank you for gathering up all the bits and bobs of information here on the official dark tide forum :slight_smile:

4 Likes