These stats shouldn't be hidden from the players

Weapons have a “Detailed” view that shows detailed information. Can we get the same for classes?

https://i.imgur.com/GNZlGxo.png

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere, but knowing these mechanics and how they work, and being presented to players should be possible somewhere within the game. Players shouldn’t have to know there’s some hidden mechanics (like taking twice as much damage as usual when sprinting compared to not sprinting).

3 Likes

I totally agree, but i think they probably don’t want to scare casual players with numbers.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree… but even in the class summary or perks they could have a more general (you take no toughness damage while sliding) or something… but some button that says “More details?” And has this or in a codex or something. I just have a feeling most players don’t even know and realizing how these mechanics work would probably help the player base in general with skill and strategies.

Yeah, many games do it this way, just put “math” under a spoiler button. Diablo 4 did it this way for the same reason i think.

I was thinking they should put some tips and tricks on loading screens. But they already put citates there.

1 Like

I actually highly doubt it´s needed tbh. It´s not just about casuals or so… it´s just that a bunch of stuff can be found out just by playing and having so many numbers is more irritating than anything else.

I actually can´t check it out, because my characterslots are full, but atleast they could add some more hints aka characteristics like:

Zealot

• High mobility
  • Heavy frontliner
  • Great surviveabilities / lifereg
  • Melee-orientated

Vet

• Range-orientated
  • Strong toughness-reg
  • Low stamina

etc…

This would atleast bring some more hints based on those stats into the game.

Tbh the most just don´t care and copy & paste guides anyway. I don´t care at all aswell about such stats since it´s actually not so hard to get used to the different classes anyway. Trial and error principle…

EDIT: Don´t get me wrong… i wouldn´t mind character-stats in general showing you even stuff like attackspeed, sprintspeed etc. based on the class and current weapon. So far some real RPG stats…
But i just don´t think it´s somewhat necessary. Interesting, but not necessary…

Maybe I am just thick, real possibility, but even getting all characters to level 30 I didn’t notice things like Psyker having less stamina delay before regen, or veteran having a 200% more damage state while sprinting. Or veteran having a higher base critical strike chance of 10% for melee and ranged. I just think a lot of these specifics I wouldn’t think to look for because I would have no idea they would differ between classes.

1 Like

Ofc such stuff is hard to get, especially the stamina-delay or the extra critchance. As i´ve said, maybe they should come up with some RPG sheet ingame. Would show the extra crit-multipliers on the laspistol aswell, so poeple would get why the basedamage is lower compared to normal lasguns.

It would help to sort some things out, but i don´t think it´s worth the invested time and effort in a game like this.

It’s not a high priority, there’s a lot of other things to focus on. I just personally really like transparency. And it helps to know when to sprint, slide, etc. When to invest in curios for stamina, health, toughness, and regen. Which classes need what more than others. I think an RPG in game sheet or something is fine. It doesn’t have to be readily available and easy to access in the UI but maybe an overall “character” sheet as to how your stats work in different states of sliding and such with your curios and weapons attached would be helpful. Then you can unequip everything to see the base.

The chart I want to see is weapons internal weak spot modifiers and base crit rates, shame we will prolly never get that.

1 Like

It should be hidden somewhere under advanced details of the advanced details :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.