The Warrior Priest change misses why it's so strong

This change misses the mark completely, WP’s healing and instant ranged revives are unchanged, still extremely strong and the added bonus of shortening the duration is that Warrior Priest can free himself and allies from hookrats on reaction, hookrats cannot hoist a hero fast enough anymore. I can’t call this a nerf.
If you intend to actually nerf WP without changing his incredible healing ability, I’d suggest removing the bubble explosion or increasing his ability’s cooldown timer. That way he’ll still keep his identity and strength hopefully without being overly dominant in versus among the saltzpyre classes.

2 Likes

This is still relevant. Warrior Priest remains untouched and is still problematic after this buff, he can still free himself and allies from disablers while healing and becoming immune to damage.

I think a reasonable nerf would be to remove the explosion’s stagger effect or remove the Blazing Bright talent, that would mean that WP could no longer break the rules of the game and free himself from disablers without having to work for it.

This is ridiculous

Okay, after having played some more, honestly, I can live with him saving someone, or himself, but the fact that it also undoes damage/heal is painful

I get a good play and pounce a Kerrilian for half her health before the WP can save her?
NUH-UH
She’s back to full health like nothing happened

I think it’d be a very “safe” nerf to, at minimum massively reduce the healing done, if not remove it entirely, while still giving him a strong distance insta-save

Or perhaps his ability to save himself as you said, it’s just that he currently can do 1 too many things

Team-wide buffs
Insta save
Insta save himself
And heal?

One’s gotta go

1 Like