The state of Darktide at the moment 47% positive on Steam Jan 5 2023

I dont care how you white knight it. The game is a flop and the devs are hiding behind dilusion like the article published a few days ago in Sweden.

Q4 was important as it would have been almost 2 years since the 2nd round of money injection by Tencents. Better to make money now, Fatshark has shown in the past they could recover so it should work this time.

I hope it backfires. Im not wishing harm to anyone, I know life can be rough but this kind of treatment to their fans and community cannot keep going. I just wish someday as consumers we could learn as well.

I know everyone keeps saying its the same with V1 and V2 but it wasnt.

Here is the data for V2 as far as reviews were on steam back then

Then if you tell me V1 was worst… actually review wise it wasnt

So for those people that keeps saying its simply the cycle Fatshark does things… its WAY WAY WAY worst this time…

Another PSA: Fatshark is the game company that ran War of the Roses and War of the Viking into the ground. They arent the successful game company that everyone thinks they are. They just got lucky with V1 and V2.

20 Likes

I did a multi page breakdown of priority of design issues and UX design but I’m sure it will go as over looked as the other advice on the forums.

3 Likes

ah ya i did read that, its a well structured post.

Here is another bit from their websites.

Its funny how they never talk about War of the rose and war of the viking…

Or escape dead island…

aka, Fatshark as quite the history of bad games…

3 Likes

Really good job with the thread. You hitted all the points.

4 Likes

People that care, care. You obviously cared only about attention and self-validation writing useless post like yours.

Anyway, good post OP. Always interesting to read actual data.

7 Likes

Facts

1 Like

That took about 5 min, mostly copy pasted stuff from steam itself that doesnt take long to look up but not many that do

1 Like

I think its time to just stop caring and move on.
Its obvious they know they f*cked up big time and i still think its only a small part of Fatsharks leadership or publishers who made the decision to release this too early in development. I can not imagine that any Developer, in the right state of mind, would have green lit this release. So as most Number pushers or Economy majors just look at numbers its time to shrink the engagement score and stop posting and caring. Play something else until the pain is so big that they either do something or can it.

3 Likes

VT2 is almost most more popular than DT