"The other blessing that was not chosen will become locked."

Like many have already claimed that you do not need to best gear to beat damnation. We have all already rerolled something on our favorite weapon and may still not be satisfied with what is has. Update comes out and now that weapon’s perk is unlocked and you can reroll it. How can you still not be satisfied? I’m only proposing a single lock, like we have now, that can be removed. That’s already infinitely better than a permanent lock.

One of the reasons is I want a system where if I choose to build a new build I can quickly and reliably build a new set to test and tweak a new build.

Another is that I hate itemisation systems in these games so getting maxed weapons will mean I never have to interact or think about them again, sub par items annoys me to no end.

Another reason is that having a week’s lockout is infinitely worse than having no lockout.

Another reason is I’ve already played a few hundred hours of this and the itemisation is actively stopping me from getting items I want with the layers of RNG it has. If this is a looter game give me more loot, if it isn’t let me reach the pinnacle of item progression without all this RNG dross after 100 hours or so.

4 Likes

So V2 gave us red items and had less crashes etc… and what do we see?

The series is just niche and no matter how the sidesystems work, it isn´t about loot or max gear, it´s about the gameplay.
There is no real endgame but rinse and repeat to get better at the game. That´s the major-reason so many poeple lose interest into the games once they´ve 1-2 chars on max level. Even god rolled red items wouldn´t help to change this. If anything you gonna lose the other half of players who play even with a minimum of progress.

If poeple could actually play without the need of permanent rewards or goals, then they´ll see how much fun the series can and will offer. Even the chaos wastes mode proofs it to some point with its popularity. No progress or real rewards… just a bit of variety from run to run which keeps things fresh and fun.

3 Likes

If RNG is way more generous with high stats weapons, it might alleviate some of the friction. But locking will make any balance tweaks of blessings down the line feel aggravating. And blessings would greatly benefit from these tweaks.

1 Like

I don´t think it´s needed to remove the intensity conditions. I do agree that difficulty should be difficulty, but right now it just helps that both high and low intensity exists.
High intensity deeds have been very popular in V2. It has been fun to permaslay enemies until you reach the end. It´s somewhat different here with the range gameplay, but still works the same.
On the other hand low intensity helps players to get used to higher difficulty better. It just shouldn´t count for achievements since damnation with low intensity can be easier than normal heresy.

A new difficulty wouldn´t be a good choice imo. Damnation is just too easy, but i do see the issue more in the class / weapon balance than the spawns. It needs to be fixed.
A 6th difficulty wouldn´t be healthy for the playerbase i guess.

Also yes, new conditions are great, but i don´t believe it´s enough variety yet even if all of them would be permanently available.
I personally would prefer some form of gamemode like chaos wastes in Vermintide or as i said in the past, “some form of raids”.

We already have a mapsystem that allows FS to build longer maps, so they could combine the 3 missions from each zone to something bigger with bossfights / mechanics, an increasing difficulty each 33% of the map, atleast 1 safespot for bad luck and real rewards like cosmetics, rarely godrolls or even a handful Aquilas. Maybe even mats to unlock the lock blessing spot?!
The base and possibilities are there, they just need to make use of it.

While I personally don’t like the system I think it would be healthy if we all did not write posts like we were speaking for other people than ourselves. It does not make your point stronger.

I don’t like the system. I still enjoy the gameplay, and so I have not had enough yet because I’m still playing. If I ever have to actually start considering end-game gear then I might have had enough. Right now I just don’t bother with this unfinished mess that we are currently in and just run missions with the weapons I happen to get when I once in a blue moon check what the stores have on offer.

2 Likes

Like a DRG deep dive? That would be amazing :slight_smile:

… but the boss fights… Vermintide had them, here we just have three types of monsters and cookie cutter events strewn out. nothing unique to the levels. It really feels like DarkTide goes back to Vermintide 1 when it comes to gameplay. So much of the good stuff from VT1 to VT2 is just lost :frowning: .

Agree… that´s why and would like to see some more mechanical depth.

And yes something like deep dive in DRG or raid in Destiny / MMORPG´s. Just give it more mechanical depth in the events and atleast an endboss like the lords in V2 in the end.

No it doesn´t and welcome on ignore.

Context matters, and all that jazz. DT is not in a very good place with the playerbase drops. I mean, it is certainly a concern, and yes I also find a lot of design decisions exhausting for their lack of agency and unrewarding RNG. However, drops in active players in Tide or cooperative games are not exactly unheard of.

Beyond that, player numbers are very much affected by content releases, overhauls and sales so forecasting DT death… i am not saying it wont happen, but it is a bit early to tell.

Edit: based on steamcharts only

1 Like

Would you like to try reading the post before commenting whether it makes sense? Because your post just implied you didn’t read what was being said.

What do you even mean by that? Adding a difficulty removes the only reason for high intensity to exist: wanting difficulty above Damnation. Apart from that high/low intensity are essentially +1/-1 difficulty level.

Do they really though?

The frequency in which “Low Intensity” and missions without any modifiers spawn specials and hordes in the same way “High Intensity” does makes this difficult to believe.

Frequency is more or less the same but there is more of them when they spawn.
Also i don’t need maxed out stuff to beat damnation, but i want it.
And it’s not about the performace but also about playstyle maybe i want to customize my weapon to be better against certan type of enemyes but have weakness in something that can be compensated by my second weapon or maybe i want to alleviate the weaknesses on a weapon sacrificing achiving best breakpoints for what it’s alredy good at.
This almost RPG style of customization is half the allure of the game for me, not just pick a random weapon and go bum bum!

In additions, the locks prevent me even from experimentig different options if i want.

3 Likes

More difficulties will split the playerbase for sure, but with the low / high intensity it won´t happen that much. Also FS have 1 thing less to take care for in kind of balancing and the players can choose between more or less action with the same breakpoints as usual.
High intensity can offer bigger challenges or just more fun on heresy / malice, meanwhile low intensity helps the players to get used to higher difficulties.

It´s pretty good as it is right now, it´s just that damnation is too easy in its core, which is, like i said, more a thing of a couple of weapons / perks in my eyes.

Also about the other conditions… they´re fine, but they make the game more or less easier aswell. On fog / night you´ll have less spawns, atleast it feels like that. If you play with hounds you´ll meet less other specials.

I´ve never had a low intensity mission with spawns equal to high intensity. Dunno if it´s a bug or if you / your party was just to slow in slaying or too fast, so you triggered a pre-defined horde and got a timed one on top. (So far bad luck…)

Normally you should mention a huge difference between all 3 scenarios at events aswell.

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen multiple times across “Low Intensity” and non-modified missions, on Malice, Heresy, and Damnation. I’ve gotten pretty tired of the Game Manager AI and it’s shenanigans so my play time had decreased significantly over the past week. If I remember I’ll try recording some clips to demonstrate what I mean. But great for you that you’ve never had it happen.

I love high intensity and low intensity missions. Low intensity when I try to go up a difficulty level, and high intensity for the absolute wonderful chaos and carnage. Both modes are great and I love them for different reasons.

2 Likes

Well, he is one of the few people defending the system no matter what…

The boss fights are a joke almost on the level of the story and campaign.

1 Like

Yeah but it breaks quickplay. If I select a difficulty, I actually want that difficulty. I don’t want 1 higher or 1 lower.

1 Like

This I absolutely agree, mission board should have option to select a QP on the desired difficulty that would be without modifiers.
Then from the map would be offered different missions with modifiers that you can choose difficulty from, like in DRG.

1 Like