The new waystone altar feel too expensive?

So I’m glad they choose to make it more woth it to take some step on the way to the last item, but I feel like the overall price increase has really skyrocketed, things are around 30% more expensive than before.

In my group we usually end pilgrimage with full orange/red stuff, now we really have to choose between the second weapon or the last shrine. if we’re lucky.

I don’t know if that’s because money is now sparser or if that’s only on the weapon price but it’s kind of frustrating and in the end we don’t really take more steps because it’s still more expensiv in the end and we don’t have the money to waste anymore.

1 Like

I think it is a matter of perspective. Before the update I usually used all the upgrade shrines I found. And now with equipped weapons decreasing the cost for subsequent, I don’t even feel the difference because the upgrade cost from rarity to rarity are eerily similar to the pre-Upgrade costs.

That said, you also have to consider that random boon shrines have decreased cost of 50 Pilgrim’s coins (25 %). So assuming you want (and can) upgrade both weapons to red and you will do this by skipping white to red then you had a cost of 640 before and now it is 1000. This is a difference of 360, which seems to be much. On the flip side, it means if you buy just seven random boons you will end up at the same total cost. If you upgraded inbetween before the update anyway then you get more for the same amount of coins then before. So for me, the economy feels less expensive.

That said, I have the feeling that the changes have been made to support both playstyles of continously upgrading and skipping while the pre-update economy heavily favoured skipping. All in all, I think only people who want to min-max the economy by skipping all the time and by buying boons mostly in the map shrines will be affected by the changes in a mildly annoying manner. And I assume that this was also part of the reason for the changes. To make people embrace the random elements a bit more while still leaving the “total control” option viable as well.

All in all I think it has striken a good balance to support both approaches to the Chaos Wastes equally while the pre-update version did not.