The game has started hitching/stuttering in the last two days

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Please be aware that we will monitor all submissions in Performance Feedback, however, we will only respond if additional information is required.

Issue Description:
Not sure if it’s from a game update or the recent NVidia driver update but my game has started hitching/stuttering regularly in the last few days. Overall frame rate has probably improved but I am regularly experiencing massive frame drops for short periods for half a second or so at a time. Didn’t happen before the last couple of days.

Attempted Solutions:
I messed with the graphics settings a bit but didn’t see any improvement. Will try rolling back the graphics card drivers if I don’t find another solution.

Platform:
Steam

PC Specifications:
i7-9750H
RTX 2080 Max-Q
32GB RAM
NVME SSD

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-04-16.01.38-a3f7b4a9-914f-4ea9-972d-31fc7716af88.log (623.7 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (844.0 KB)

1 Like

update: Only been through one mission but I disabled the Nvidia in game overlay and didn’t get any stuttering at all.

how much vram let me guess 8gb?
i have a rtx 2070 8gb and having the same issues, my guess is that i have too less vram. game runs smooth with 60-100 fps but at a certain point it starts to stutter and hang.

I think it’s 8GB yeah. I haven’t noticed my VRAM maxing out though.

Turning off the nvidia overlay doesn’t seem to have resolved the problem in the long run, dunno why it seemed to run smooth for a while after I did that but it’s back to dropping frames pretty consistently now.

yo tl:dr
they fixed some memory leaks last patch, i think that was the problem for me. now it runs pretty smooth for a rtx 2070. but a few performance tweaks wouldn’t hurt. all in all it is pretty playable now. i turned off nvidia ansel via admin cmd. i don’t think it does anything, but i don’t need it. you could try it for the placebo effect.
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_1c83a5d7cffd7bff\NvCamera
open cmd with admin → type NvCameraEnable.exe off
if you need further information just google “NvCameraEnable.exe off”
one overlay less, but i really don’t think it will do anything.

maybe it is the internet connection check if you have packet loss when the stuttering occurs.
sometimes i have very long loading times and when the game starts i have 1-2 bots in the group. this are some server sided connectivity issues i guess. they will fix that, but it always can happen that someone drops out. regards

i forgot to mention that i turned down the worker threads to 13. i have a ryzen 9 5900x 12/24. someone on the forums suggested setting one more physical core. gl