New Nvidia driver available today

Just dropped, and has some Darktide focused improvements in it.

3 Likes

It does? I didn’t see anything in the release notes about Darktide.

It’s right at the bottom, i’ll post an image as soon as I finish this install.

If you click the newest driver, and scroll down, the article is there. The DLSS3 support and so forth.

Hopefully it will help a bit for some people.

with the new driver i am geting 70 to 90+ fps that is a lot better than the 45 to 60 i was geting hope this helps a lot of players

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Hope the flicker issue is solved with Vsync on.

I can confirm my own performance went up as well, and I haven’t had a crash or a disconnect while using it yet.

1 Like

My biggest issue with the game right now is the random crashes, if only I could cull them down into 1 or 2 crash per day I’d be happy. Did you get much crashes before and have you played long enough with new drivers to assume less crashes? Please let this be a miracle driver…

2 Likes

Great PSA, thanks for the heads up. Downloaded, about to give it a try. Cheers.

I had about one hard crash per day or more before launch, and I played the closed beta. Then prerelease beta from the 17th of november. Usually in the middle of combat when blowing up a limb.

I played three missions in a row after putting in the driver and had 0 crashes and 0 disconnects. Could be luck as it’s statistically insignificant, but the game was also smoother, so i’ll take it.

Actually even ran the first mission with rtx global illumination set to high and was able to have a playable mission. which was a shocker. By which I mean steady 50-60. This was more an experiment than anything.

Rtx 3070 dual
i5-10600k
16gig ram

1 Like

I’m glad it fixed performance for you.
But I’m actually kinda baffled how a game developer partners with nvidia, then the game comes out and runs badly and nvidia fixes the performance with a driver update.

Is that basically the partnership with nvidia?
They will fix a badly optimized game with a driver update?

Okay, tried it. Performance is MUCH improved. Still not perfect, but definitely smoother.

I updated and this completetly solved my screen tearing issues. Highly recommend.

Also recommended to update whether you need the driver or not because nvidia has some nasty security flaws that were only patched out just recently.

Updated to latest Nvidia drivers too and haven’t been able to finish a single run whole day. I get about 50% through a run before it crashes. I get flickers and some stutters. I could live with the but the crashes make it not possible to level up at all. No, nada, zero progress at all.

I’m playing on a highend PC with 4090 4k maxed out without RT because that was even more crazy flickering. Been fidling with settings for hours just to get a “somewhat” decent gameplay. Thats why I bought a highend PC to avoide time in gfx settings and to play at max settings all the time…

Guess this is my last day with this game for a while now. Wasting time with an unfinshied product is incredible frustrating. So, thanks for that FatShark, much appreciated!

you can roll back your nvidia drivers

Idk about you, but I think you should reset darktide graphics setting from the launcher after updating your driver. And set the setting back in the game as you wish. It fixes my crashes at least for me